No one believes in me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes it's easy to get bogged down in the beginning with all the starting up costs, best way of doing things, whether to advertise or not or employing staff ect. Your family and friends are prob concerned in a good way and want to help even if it doesn't seem like it. Sometimes outside intervention / help can be good ( not alwAys) but another opinion sometimes helps. I have recently delivered 700 discount leaflets ( suggested by a friend) and got one client come I. With the leaflet and she was already a client!!! Annoying but I tried. I wish you luck and hope that you make a good go of it

I need to rant sorry.

My salon has been open 4 weeks and considering iv done no advertising it's been doing okay

My mum in her wisdom rather than being happy for me decides to inform me that she wants no link to the business, guessing she assumes it will fail.

My very good friend who in fairness has helped me to get open, is asking about my turn over and advising me that i need to be taking more, like i don't know what im doing

I feel like everyone is assuming im an idiot and don't know what im doing.

Firstly, congratulations on having your own business! It's definitely not easy starting something new, so just the fact you decided to do it is pretty great.
That said, I can completely get where you are coming from. Starting something myself, I can relate to you.

I know someone who has three salons in London already and she told me not to lose faith since 'the first year is always the year of loss'. Don't be too hard on yourself or show your weaknesses, since people (no matter what relation the have with you) will prey on that.

Stay strong!

Sounds to me like you're doing all the right things! If it was me, sheer determination to prove people wrong would make me succeed!! Go for it... X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, when I started up my mother refused (for some unknown reason) to hand any of her treatment lists to her friends! I know that nagging empty feeling when someone close to you doesn't appear to show faith.

Ignore them & keep on keeping on! We're behind you! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back