No shows for consultations, frustrated - what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholanac

Reaction score
I have been doing Hair Extensions for over a year and have fabulous reviews and happy clients and I love it. Everybody that has a consultation goes ahead and has hair extensions fitted.

I offer free consultations and I am very open about my prices, methods and give as much information as possible via my website and Facebook pages. I have lots of people booking consultations but find myself waiting around for them not to turn up. I spend a lot of time talking to these people beforehand answering all thier questions giving them advice etc and then the next step is thier consultation for mor info, colour match etc before fitting.

This week I have had 5 bookings not turn up! 2 of them told me last minute. I work from my home salon so wait in for them to turn up and try and work around thier schedules, its really frustrating.

Is there a solution to this? or is it all part of the job? Am I trying to hard or offering to much or spending too much time discussing before they get here? As I don't want to be rude or not give enough info as they might not book in without it if that makes sense!

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

If you find you are having too many no shows I would be charging a £10 consultation fee but it would be taken off the final price. If they don't turn up then they forfeit their booking fee.

So rude!
You should give less info beforehand, save it for the consultation.
Maybe charge a consultation fee too

Yes I think that is a good idea, Thank you. Maybe a paypal payment which is easy for them to book and I can refund if they decide not to go ahead or take it off the hair. I just hope this doesn't put people off. its so hard trying to find the ba;ance! But I suppose those that are seious about having them applied won't mind!

What do you think of giving a basic consultation pack with all the prices etc and faqs included instead of going into lengthly discussions? Then if they are still interested to book them in fo the consultation to discuss anything else? This info is already available on my website but noone seems to use it and asks the same questions all the time xx

It shouldn't do, hopefully it will just weed out all the time wasters you've been getting!

You should politely tell them to check your Facebook or website because all the info is there anything else you can discuss at the consultation.
It sounds like a good idea the info pack but it's a lot of effort on your end for people who may not even end up getting their hair done by you.
I think a pack like that would be good for aftercare advice though xx

It shouldn't do, hopefully it will just weed out all the time wasters you've been getting!

You should politely tell them to check your Facebook or website because all the info is there anything else you can discuss at the consultation.
It sounds like a good idea the info pack but it's a lot of effort on your end for people who may not even end up getting their hair done by you.
I think a pack like that would be good for aftercare advice though xx

I will thanks for the advice! I already hand out full aftercare packs too. I think I will also be setting set times aside that Im available for consultations, like the same to,es/days each week. sort of an open time they can come so that I'm not waiting around so much.

Thanks again LoveCaroline :)

I will thanks for the advice! I already hand out full aftercare packs too. I think I will also be setting set times aside that Im available for consultations, like the same to,es/days each week. sort of an open time they can come so that I'm not waiting around so much.

Thanks again LoveCaroline :)

Yeah that's a really good idea doing a set time.
Ah no worries ☺️

I have been doing Hair Extensions for over a year and have fabulous reviews and happy clients and I love it. Everybody that has a consultation goes ahead and has hair extensions fitted.

I offer free consultations and I am very open about my prices, methods and give as much information as possible via my website and Facebook pages. I have lots of people booking consultations but find myself waiting around for them not to turn up. I spend a lot of time talking to these people beforehand answering all thier questions giving them advice etc and then the next step is thier consultation for mor info, colour match etc before fitting.

This week I have had 5 bookings not turn up! 2 of them told me last minute. I work from my home salon so wait in for them to turn up and try and work around thier schedules, its really frustrating.

Is there a solution to this? or is it all part of the job? Am I trying to hard or offering to much or spending too much time discussing before they get here? As I don't want to be rude or not give enough info as they might not book in without it if that makes sense!

Thanks in advance for any advice :)
Hi could you take a £25 deposit from them which would then come off their final bill.

Hi could you take a £25 deposit from them which would then come off their final bill.
Hi Susan, Yes, thanks for the reply. I think Ill do that if this continues to happen. perhaps a £10 refundable deposit that they can have back or it will come off thier bill if they go ahead. :)

Hi Susan, Yes, thanks for the reply. I think Ill do that if this continues to happen. perhaps a £10 refundable deposit that they can have back or it will come off thier bill if they go ahead. :)
I am going to start doing this. I get fed up of people telling me they are coming then not turning up. £10 non refundable fee will put them off!

Latest posts

Back