No Shows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I got another 'No Show' for an intimate last night from a booking I received late on Sunday evening. This drives me potty - but I know there's little I can do. In hindsight it was quite a weird booking; number withheld - asking me if he could bring a photo as an example of the work he wanted done, and also if I could take a photo of my handiwork at the end!!?!

I've resolved to never take a new booking from a withheld number - I will answer the phone but say I'm with another client and insist on taking a number to call back on.

Also (if he tries to book again) I'll charge him in advance plus 50% charge for the No Show.

Any other tips you might suggest? Cheers, Jason.

good morning. To be quite honest i wouldnt have done the treatment. If they dont leave a name or a number or are acting a little suspicious then i always pass them off. I know its hard in this business especially when we are trying to make a living but everyones choice is different. Im only nearly 22 so a male asking me to take a photo after would of made me feel quite uncomfortable.
People always say im too soft on my clients as if they no show most of the time i dont charge them maybe that will change with time. If i were you though Jason, id definately charge him extra as this way if he is genuine he would pay that bit extra for the inconvenience, i would of thought.
HTH

To be quite honest i wouldnt have done the treatment. If they dont leave a name or a number or are acting a little suspicious then i always pass them off.

Hi & thanks for your words. To be clear - he did give me a mobile number - but of course I didn't verify it since I didn't need to call him (until 10 minutes after he didn't show up!)

Lesson Learned!

If i think someone is acting strangely, i dial 1471 after the call to confirm the number if its on a landline. If it doesn't match or is withheld then i ring them. If they answered i would make up something like, oh i'm sorry i just wanted to confirm the time with you. However, i've never had them pick up.

I usually have a three strikes rule.
The first time i would be understanding enough.
The second time i would ask for a 50% deposit following bookings.
Third time i would take a full deposit or refuse them.

Latest posts

Back