Non Medical Conditions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
Hi could anyone tell me
4 non medical NAIL and SKIN conditions that can be treated with a manicure and pedicure.
more homework!!!
any help pleeeaaasssee!!!!! would be great.

Help With Above Thread

Not many of us around at the moment, most will be home soon :D

Nail biting - manicure
Cuticle/hang nail picking/biting - manicure
Hard skin - pedicure
Dry skin - manicure & pedicure

Any of these help???

Trin
xx

Hi there! I've just done a pedicure assignment with a very similar question actually! I would say that non-medical nail and skin disordes could include:

severely bitten nails - onychophagy
overgrown cuticles - pterygium
very thick nails - onychauxis
longitudinal ridges
beau's lines - (although can be caused by illness)
bruised nails

Not sure if I've helped at all, but thought I'd add my two penneth!

We had to list 3 nail & skin diseases and 3 nail & skin disorders. I used very thick nails, psoriasis and bruised nails for disorders, and for diseases I used athletes foot, wart/verrucas and paronychia.
Good luck! xxx

Thanks for all your help im getting really pi**** off with this whole nail lot!
got exam soon and more homework tonight it just seems like how am i ment to revise when all we have is more homework.
I have more homework than my 2 daughters my older daughter is at high school as well and she said you have more homework than me!!!!
Thanks you lot for your help xx

hi can i ask wot course you are doing ? i am so nosy , but i am doing my itec beauty course so it is good to know there are others who are doing similar courses, just so you can run things through with each other :p ,

Hiya

Treatable Nail and skin conditins
Nails
Onycophagy
Onychorexis
Beus Lines
Blue Nails

Skin
Albinism
Vitiligo
Lentigos (largish liver spots)
Ephilides (freckles)

Thought i would throw some different ones in there for you Trudi. The treatable skin ones are mainly for the face but it is skin!!!!!!

Amanda

ps Good luck xx

Hi dee im doing vtct in advanced nails which covers manicure & pedicure nail art nail extensions and ear piercing.
sometimes i wish i was not doing the course as we are doing fiberglass and china silk i wanted to do acrylic but when i payed i didnt know this at the time!! wish i was doing creative course i really want to do that but our tutor is creative trained and she is going to do a 1 day course with us for £100 creative kit included so cant wait to do that but only thing is can you buy creative stuff when i have run out as our certificate is tutors own not creative?

i dont think you will be able to buy l&p with your tutors certificate , but i think you can do a conversion if you have done advanced nail techniqus, and i think it is only about £100 anyway , i would ring creative and see if they can help , good luck :green:

Hi Trudi

I am not being funny but I am just trying to be helpful as this site always is.:D
I would recommend that you go out and get your self a good book to help with your course work especially if you are going to go on to nail extensions , the books will be like bibles to you.
The books I would recommend off the top of my head are Encyclopedia of Nails by Jacqui jefford & Ann swain and or The complete Nail technician by Marian Newman.

I am sure all the girls will agree with me on here and it will make you a much more happier tech!!!

Hi

Yes i agree with Jackie you need to do your own homework or how will you learn? Invest in some good books as suggested already.

Latest posts

Back