Non qualified nail technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
Is there anything we can do about them? There is a woman doing gel polish, nail extensions etc and has a fb page. She openly tells people she doesn't have a qualification, therefore wouldn't have insurance. Can I do anything?

Last edited:
I suppose you could call up trading standards and see what they have to say. It's so annoying when people who aren't qualified are doing nails thinking its not a big deal.

In a nutshell - No not really .

It is not illegal to do nails without a qualification as there is no legislation that covers this ( apart from some London boroughs ). Therefore technically , annoying as it is she is not doing anything wrong. If she has really poor hygiene and safety standards then that may be reason for an official bod to look into her but the sheer fact that she is 'doing' nails without a qualification is not actually wrong

You could contact the tax office and check she is registered with them as self employed, chances are she's not if she's not running s proper business

I would ignore, and just concentrate on my business providing excellent services with quality products.
I wouldn't want the type of clients that would go to an openly unqualified and insured tech anyway, they are always the ones that want cheap as possible and complain about everything.

Totally agree with @izzidoll. Keep your own powder dry.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back