Not another reverse balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyella700

Picknmixdanni
Reaction score
I am just looking for what steps you guys would take to get to this....
So my client is platinum blonde and wanting colour below.
I know it will be hard isolating the blonde for the balayage pieces but don't really want to pre pig and then bleach out again.

Attachments

• 20171017_145017.png
    20171017_145017.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG-20171015-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20171015-WA0004.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 141
I'd do the roots first, root stretch to mid lenths then then bring to the basin. Then I would wet down, emulsify at the basin through to the ends watching them until desired colour then rinse, shampoo and treat. This may fade but after a few sessions it tends to hold. Obviously pre pig is the way to go colouring lightened hair however if you or your client are hesitant this is how I would do it. This way if she is shocked it will also be easier to change.

just to add I am also a hair student/apprentice. Someone may have a better method

Can’t you dampen and isolate the blonder parts in meche (clip so it stands away from the scalp?) thencarry out your service and tone in the meche at the end? Just an idea

Can’t you dampen and isolate the blonder parts in meche (clip so it stands away from the scalp?) thencarry out your service and tone in the meche at the end? Just an idea
Yes but will be tricky washing off pre pig with the isolated blonde pieces...pre pigging with dialight which needs to be washed off before target shade is applied

Or straight in with half 6.34 half 6!?

Thanks Danyella I’m newly qualified... someone needs to invent something here! X

GOing from a level 10 you 100% need to pre pig. I've done this. Isolated peices in foil then used perfecton in wella which you just apply and dry then go straight over with your target colour. Tone the isolated peices 15 mins before hair needs to be washed it's fiddley but worth it x

Sorry guys not been on in a while! I have been waiting for someone else to wade in with a simple answer to this but no one has yet and it’s killing me! Lol you just need to add ur Pre pig in with your tint, it defo needs Pre pigging also apply roots add meche in as you start to do mid lengths and ends bring root colour down to mid lengths then melt the toner in for the ends all in one go and wash off it’s very simple work x

Sorry guys not been on in a while! I have been waiting for someone else to wade in with a simple answer to this but no one has yet and it’s killing me! Lol you just need to add ur Pre pig in with your tint, it defo needs Pre pigging also apply roots add meche in as you start to do mid lengths and ends bring root colour down to mid lengths then melt the toner in for the ends all in one go and wash off it’s very simple work x
Haha I know I think i just over think things sometimes!!! Pre pig into the tint was what I wanted to do as it makes the whole process a lot easier but was just concerned about longevity over a global bleach!!! Sometimes you just need that someone to say yes that's ok thanks x

Latest posts

Back