Not getting enough curl on a J

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fake.it

Reaction score
Hi guys,

did my training last week and practising lots!

But i need to move on from a J curl as everyone says "oh they look quite straight"

So im wondering shall i move to a C curl??

Are they more difficult to apply? and will C curl not be too curly?

Also on some, the lashes are splitting, anyone have any tips??

Thanks everyone
xx

I'd say move onto a B. They are curlier than a J but not as curly as a C.

B's are suitable for everyone so I'd eventually ditch the J's. But for now mix them with the B to use them up.

When you have done lashes a bit longer try the C as well. A beginner might find the C not lasting as long because u r still perfecting ur technique. C are not suitable for everyone and can make some older women look surprised. I've done it before, eek.

I've got some old threads on lash curls and various lash tips if you wana read x

I'd say move onto a B. They are curlier than a J but not as curly as a C.

B's are suitable for everyone so I'd eventually ditch the J's. But for now mix them with the B to use them up.

When you have done lashes a bit longer try the C as well. A beginner might find the C not lasting as long because u r still perfecting ur technique. C are not suitable for everyone and can make some older women look surprised. I've done it before, eek.

I've got some old threads on lash curls and various lash tips if you wana read x

Thanks for your message! thats brilliant will look at B's
In my kit i have about 7 pots of different J's (gutted as just want to buy a different curl and on strips!) but hay hoe!!

How can i see your old threads, would love to have a read
x

Definatley use the b curls I love b's I cant remember the last time I used j's.

Try lashbase for your lashes good prices and if you are wanting to buy them on the strip they do trays of mixed sizes so you dont have to but 4 different pots

HTH

deb
x

I agree to go for b curls next and then move on to c curls-as the c curls can be tricky to apply at first.
What do you mean by the lashes are splitting?
x

I agree to go for b curls next and then move on to c curls-as the c curls can be tricky to apply at first.
What do you mean by the lashes are splitting?
x

At the end of the lash, some of them look like split ends??

x

The splitting at the ends is ok. Jut make sure there is no splitting at the base. You want a good strong bond at the base.
Agree that you should try isolating with both tweezers and then pick up the lash and swipe thru glue.
And keep persevering it will come back to u soon!

Got to be said D curls are the best - the happiest clients are those with D curls. As mentioned as long as you get them fixed well at the base its all good!

So i phoned Noveau today (have to use there products as have not graduated yet, and they said we cant use anything else!)

So 1st off they dont do B curls :sad:, The next one is a C

Also i wanted to move onto strip curls, saw they did a combi one online, so phone them and the only do a combi in J!!

So they do C's on a strip, but only in a 0.15, and i have been using 0.20

So i have now ordered C curls on a strip at 0.15.

But im worried as people have said they are harder to apply, is there anything new i should know about applying C's

Am so gutted a paid £300 for the course, £600 for the kit (this was the most expensive one) and know feel like it was a waste of money!
On the course you use strip lashes, none provided in the best kit, and they use a seperate tool that they also dont supply, plus trigene wipes etc.

So am totallying including today's order now at £1058!!

Wish i had known before as would of just ordered bits seperately!!

Sorry im ranting! but the bill keeps going out with obviously nothing coming over!!

Sorry rant over haha :o

You HAVE to use their products???? Maybe on the their course, but not when practising at home you dont.
While your still training - how long until you graduate? I would stick with their suggestions or already-purchased lashes and then once graduated you can purchase lashes from wherever you like.
x

You HAVE to use their products???? Maybe on the their course, but not when practising at home you dont.
While your still training - how long until you graduate? I would stick with their suggestions or already-purchased lashes and then once graduated you can purchase lashes from wherever you like.
x

Yep thats what she said, but she said all the time, as if you dont use nouveau products you cannot use there brand etc. as you will not be using there products, so cannot class yourself as a nouveau eyelash technichian! so cant go in there website bla bla bla!!

I graduate on the 15th september, I thought about ordering from someone with a bigger range, but thought if somehow they noticed on my case studies they wouldnt graduate me!!

So i have ordered the C lashes, and will see how i get on! but no i wont be using there lashes or certain other products again.

So any tips on applying C's

xxx

C's are a big call for a lash novice - always make sure you bond well at the base.

If your having trouble getting a good bond by placing the lash on top - try bonding from the side instead.

I suggest you buy yourself some b curls from a supplier - you can mix ur c and b curls when you get some more experience.

Another note on c curls is that they are def not for every client - if you put them on older clients you may give them that constantly surprised look which isn't something they will thank u for!

Once u finish training test new things - it's unrealistic for a training company to expect u to use ONLY their products as a business you use what works for you :)

So i phoned Noveau today (have to use there products as have not graduated yet, and they said we cant use anything else!)

So 1st off they dont do B curls :sad:, The next one is a C

Also i wanted to move onto strip curls, saw they did a combi one online, so phone them and the only do a combi in J!!

So they do C's on a strip, but only in a 0.15, and i have been using 0.20

So i have now ordered C curls on a strip at 0.15.

But im worried as people have said they are harder to apply, is there anything new i should know about applying C's

Am so gutted a paid £300 for the course, £600 for the kit (this was the most expensive one) and know feel like it was a waste of money!
On the course you use strip lashes, none provided in the best kit, and they use a seperate tool that they also dont supply, plus trigene wipes etc.

So am totallying including today's order now at £1058!!

Wish i had known before as would of just ordered bits seperately!!

Sorry im ranting! but the bill keeps going out with obviously nothing coming over!!

Sorry rant over haha :o

I have lots of bags of b curls left from wholesale stock I have yet to sell (been lashing to much to sort it out). Shout me if you are interested!

I have lots of bags of b curls left from wholesale stock I have yet to sell (been lashing to much to sort it out). Shout me if you are interested!

Interested! Will pm you :) x

How will they know hun? The fact they done.stock what u.want gives u good reason to go elsewhere? X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Was a bit worried she would know they were a B curl, as soon as I graduate I will change!

So I just did my 1st C curls! God it was hard! There by no means perfect but it's only my 3rd set ever!

Will try upload the picture xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1314134703.053225.jpg

I think it looks lovely, how many did u get on hun? xx

I think it looks lovely, how many did u get on hun? xx

I have absolutely no idea :sad:

But I was there for 2hrs & 40 mins! So I hope quit a few!

Can I mix J curls with a C, I used J's on the inner eye but could I use them all over or would that look weird?

Where do you live? I'm seriously considering driving up to watch you do a set (well if you dont mind lol)

Xx

Latest posts

Back