Not getting in the car with strangers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always drive with my doors locked aswel, and I remember my mum telling me that when she was younger...she had her handbag on the passenger seat and whilst she was stopped at traffic lights some bloke opened the door, grabbed the bag and ran. So now I always put my bag in the footwell.

I'm exactly the same Pika. xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also, slightly off topic....I remember hearing (not sure if it was a story or real) about a woman driving at night, had blue lights behind her so thinking it was police she stopped. Turned out it wasn't actually police and she ended up being attacked.
I was driving home down a country lane one night, years ago, literally middle of nowhere. I had blue lights come flying up behind me, indicators flashing for me to pull over, I couldn't see what car it was (marked police or undercover) so I put my hazard lights on to show I had noticed them but carried on driving to a place where I knew there would be people about and well-lit. Anyway, got a right telling off for refusing to stop! They informed me they have done a check on my vehicle and was I Kaylee? Etc etc. why try and pull me over down a dark country lane (nowhere actually safe and sensible to stop the car!) when it's obvious that it's likely to be a female driving the car?!
It is sad that there's no trust in this world anymore. Safety first and all that xx

I would never get in the car with a stranger, I lock my does when I get into the car and unfortunately would never offer a lift to anyone or help an old man with an arm cast putting his sofa in the back of a van!! I went to a nightclub when I was a teenager with a friend in Liverpool, we were in North Wales and her dad dropped us off but we never thought about how we were getting home, she met some guy in the club who offered us a lift home so she was in the front with him and I was sandwiched between two other guys in the back, I was petrified the whole journey back and was furious at my friend as one of them kept putting his arm around me and smiling at me, I just kept staring ahead and he got the message. We got home safe but I still think about how stupid we were!

When I was young we used to give lifts to hitch hikers for a laugh and we also used to hitch hike ourselves. The thought of this freaks me out a bit now.

Oh lovey, I'm shouting at my phone whilst reading this! It's really nice that you want to see the good in people, because there really are a lot of good Samaritans in the world, but from what you wrote it seems these guys were not looking to do a good deed! Why on earth would two guys shout at you for not accepting their offer, not a polite thing to do.
I'm a prison officer by day so I'm probably more suspicious than most due to the people I work with, but you really do have to be careful. Please don't think I'm being rude, I just fear the worst for us females x

Latest posts

Back