Not happy with semi perm eyebrows - advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydia Ashley

Reaction score
Hello, after months and months of research, last week I had some semi permanent eyebrows tattood on (after losing my brows due to a medical problem). I was aware at the time what a big risk i was taking, and looked at lots of photos of the person I chose, plus knew someone else who had hers done too.

Anyway, fast forward a week, and I'm not happy! There are a few issues, but the main one is that the eyebrows are a different shape and one is much higher than the other (leaving me with a surprised look). I have been in touch with other practitioners about correction work (and they also agree they are uneven and need fixing) and I have also been in touch with people about laser removal. These are all costly, and will take some time to get fixed.

I contacted the practitioner who carried out the treatment 2 days afterwards and said I was really worried as they were different, she told me to calm down and wait until they heal. They have now healed, but the fact still remains that they are uneven and one higher than the other and they need to be fixed, which I'm not willing to let my original practioner do. I emailed her again this morning to say they have healed now and I am still unhappy. I also sent her pictures. I asked her to refund me the cost of the brows, so I can have remedial work carried out. To cut a long story short, she is saying that I was happy in the salon, and basically no she won't refund me.

Now, where do I stand on this?! Any ideas?! I'd also be interested in any advice from Pro's about how to solve this (removal or correction). I never complain about anything, I'm always too polite, but as this is permanent and on my face, i'm devestated, hence why I have asked the woman for a refund. I feel sick every morning when I wake up thinking 'what have I done'.

Did she draw the brows on and ask you to approve them?
Would you be willing to put the pictures up here ... Not your face, just the brows?

She did draw them on, but then I'm guessing she must have wiped them off?? As we spent a long time agreeing the shape, and these are not what we agreed. I will find a photo and crop it and upload it.

Here they are...

Attachments

• Brows1.jpg
    Brows1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 353
They do look a little bit wonky, but nothing that can't be fixed with a top up treatment which I'm assuming she's booked you in for? I always say to clients your finished brows aren't the ones you walk out with after the first treatment, you've still got your top up before they're completed. Having said that, I wouldn't do them wonky to begin with [emoji23]. As I said, they're very easily fixed so I wouldn't worry too much - get her to draw them on again before she does the top up though x

Hmm yes, I would be worried about these brows too ... I can understand why you might be nervous to go back to the same lady!! Theses brows aren't sisters ... maybe distant cousins :-(
The top-up is usually teeny tiny adjustments, whereas there is quite a bit to do here.
Did she say she can balance them?
Just to say, my opinion is based as a client of SPMU not as a practitioner.

This is my issue, 1) the brows are not the ones that we drew and agreed first, so if she couldn't do it the first time, why would she get it right now. 2) by adding anymore strokes to build up the other brow I'm risking going too thick with them and then still a risk she will get them wrong again. 3) how could she let me out like that in the first place. And 4) finally my biggest issue is that she doesn't think they are different?!?!?! She is saying it's my face not the brows!!

If I'm going to have any more pigment put in my face I want to be 100% sure it's going to be correct and I want he person to see what I'm seeing now and think of ways to fix it.

I am laughing a lot about the cousins! I always used to say they are sisters not twins, these are like second cousins twice removed!!!

I agree with all you have said ... I think you should email her with your points again and also point out that if your face is wonky it's within the powers of a good SPMU artist to accommodate those differences ... And more importantly she should have discussed any facial inbalance with you and how she would counter-balance the differences.
I would ask her to check with her insurance on the steps to be taken by both parties before a claim is made given that you have lost confidence in her ability to correct the brows.

I think they look OK, one of your eyes seems naturally a little more dropped than the other so this may be making one brow seem slightly lower but i'd say it's minimal and nothing a topup wouldn't sort out. Did she not explain this to you that they are not complete untill the topup?

I really don't think the brows look so different., as mentioned above, a little tweaking should sort that out.
Your eyes are different....we are not symmetrical.

The only point I would make, is they look a little dark/solid.
I guess that's because they've only just been doneo_O

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your replies already. It's reassuring to hear they don't look as bad as I've been stressing over! So I am now 4 weeks post brow treatment and they are completely healed. Unfortunately I still feel the same and I'm unhappy with the shape. In fact, now that my natural brows are growing back I'm noticing the different shapes even more (my natural hair looks to be growing not in line with the tattoo). I am also worried as the colour is looking very grey/blue, so I've had to start using powder over them to stop them looking blue.

I've messaged the woman once last week, and got no response. Messaged her again the other day and got no response, tried to message tonight and she has blocked me!!! So she obviously doesn't want to have to the conversation. I also contacted my local council, and was upset to learn that she is not registered with them (I didn't mention her name, just asked for registered practitioners and her name was not on there).

I'm not really sure where to turn now?! The fact she is avoiding me and has blocked me makes me cross that she's not willing to try and rectify this. I should note that I have only sent her nice messages, and have given her good gaps in between to come back to me. I could leave a negative review on her page, but all that would do is make me feel better, and I'm not out to harm anyone's business. However I am very cross about this scanerio. Does anyone have any advice?

Hello, after months and months of research, last week I had some semi permanent eyebrows tattood on (after losing my brows due to a medical problem). I was aware at the time what a big risk i was taking, and looked at lots of photos of the person I chose, plus knew someone else who had hers done too.

Anyway, fast forward a week, and I'm not happy! There are a few issues, but the main one is that the eyebrows are a different shape and one is much higher than the other (leaving me with a surprised look). I have been in touch with other practitioners about correction work (and they also agree they are uneven and need fixing) and I have also been in touch with people about laser removal. These are all costly, and will take some time to get fixed.

I contacted the practitioner who carried out the treatment 2 days afterwards and said I was really worried as they were different, she told me to calm down and wait until they heal. They have now healed, but the fact still remains that they are uneven and one higher than the other and they need to be fixed, which I'm not willing to let my original practioner do. I emailed her again this morning to say they have healed now and I am still unhappy. I also sent her pictures. I asked her to refund me the cost of the brows, so I can have remedial work carried out. To cut a long story short, she is saying that I was happy in the salon, and basically no she won't refund me.

Now, where do I stand on this?! Any ideas?! I'd also be interested in any advice from Pro's about how to solve this (removal or correction). I never complain about anything, I'm always too polite, but as this is permanent and on my face, i'm devestated, hence why I have asked the woman for a refund. I feel sick every morning when I wake up thinking 'what have I done'.
I am in the same boat, one of my eyebrows is higher than the other and one comes too far in to the middle. I go for a top up on Monday, and if she can’t correct it, I am stuck with them. She didn’t post the end result but used the photos previous to the finished result. False advertising and causing me stress is worth a refund!

Attachments

• 9D5B3350-96E9-4B9A-A098-2E2BFFCA1B6B.jpeg
    9D5B3350-96E9-4B9A-A098-2E2BFFCA1B6B.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 106
  • D9E5A5E3-DC05-4829-80AA-ED52BDABC155.jpeg
    D9E5A5E3-DC05-4829-80AA-ED52BDABC155.jpeg
    754.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 839A974A-5916-4069-91E5-21A2EA5C7140.jpeg
    839A974A-5916-4069-91E5-21A2EA5C7140.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 5F743814-9FA9-4B4C-9F90-1F67A1B4F340.jpeg
    5F743814-9FA9-4B4C-9F90-1F67A1B4F340.jpeg
    747 KB · Views: 100
I am in the same boat, one of my eyebrows is higher than the other and one comes too far in to the middle. I go for a top up on Monday, and if she can’t correct it, I am stuck with them. She didn’t post the end result but used the photos previous to the finished result. False advertising and causing me stress is worth a refund!
I have used concealer to disguise the thickness and irregular shape

Attachments

• 78E6F114-44AE-41A6-95E8-FBAA345A92B9.jpeg
    78E6F114-44AE-41A6-95E8-FBAA345A92B9.jpeg
    686.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 52809859-E498-44BF-A4BE-C89F33E60608.jpeg
    52809859-E498-44BF-A4BE-C89F33E60608.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 66
  • C61B395F-289E-4145-8B81-10C891BECEEB.jpeg
    C61B395F-289E-4145-8B81-10C891BECEEB.jpeg
    717.7 KB · Views: 63
I have used concealer to disguise the thickness and irregular shape
I have gone to see another professional who has put removal cream on them and as they scab, lifting most of the ink. I tried concealer, but applying it every morning was a chore. Thanks for your reply

I would contact the trading standards and go through the proper channels. They send you a template letter to write to her, and registered signed for mail. I hope this helps, as I have researched extensively about my own situation. I’m here if you need any more advice.

Latest posts

Back