Not happy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey1969

Reaction score
I brought some items off fb on a nail and beauty page which is for professional and students who want to discuss and sell there items. I purchased some L&P off another beautician who wanted to change brands. To cut a long story short when she went to the post office they refused her package so she self served herself and sent me the package. She messaged me after this and told me what she done. I wasn't happy cause i sent her a list of curriers. The package was damage in transaction and the liquid leaked everywhere. She has put in a claim as she insured the package so she said but im still waiting for my refund off her. Do i write this off as a bad experience or keep on to her. I paid £65

If you open a case against the seller, eBay/PayPal will refund you. It's the sellers responsibility to get the package to you Undamaged. Take photos as proof.

The contract is between her and the carrier altho if it was acrylic liquid, as a prohibited substance (highly flammable) she won't have much joy with a claim I don't reckon, but that's HER problem not yours :)

Don't keep on to her, open a case and it will be resolved. They will if necessary take money from her account and refund you with it after a certain period of time.

Ebays not a good place to buy pro products tho, how do you know she hasn't watered down the acrylic liquid etc? Or it's another brand tipped into that container? [emoji33]

You should be fine though.

If you open a case against the seller, eBay/PayPal will refund you. It's the sellers responsibility to get the package to you Undamaged. Take photos as proof.

The contract is between her and the carrier altho if it was acrylic liquid, as a prohibited substance (highly flammable) she won't have much joy with a claim I don't reckon, but that's HER problem not yours :)

Don't keep on to her, open a case and it will be resolved. They will if necessary take money from her account and refund you with it after a certain period of time.

Ebays not a good place to buy pro products tho, how do you know she hasn't watered down the acrylic liquid etc? Or it's another brand tipped into that container? [emoji33]

You should be fine though.

I think it was via a FB group not eBay Blossom :(

OP - Blossom is right about PayPal though, you should be able to open a dispute. PayPal will refund you and deal with the seller, provided of course you didn't use friends and family gift option to save on fees. Sellers issue is with the PO not you so technically she should refund you and get her recompense from the PO

No it wasn't EBAY lol.
I paid via paypal but through friends and family cause she wanted extra £10 more if i paid via goods.

Unfortunately you have lost your money I would say unless she does the decent thing and refunds you given she was refused postage but went and did it at a self serve section anyway. I understand she wanted an extra £10 if you paid via goods but that would of covered you with friends and family I believe you have no comeback. I think the group rules also state payments via goods not friends and family. X

Gosh what a nuisance!
Look at it from a business point of view though, use your head not your heart. You are currently out of pocket by £65. How much time do you want to spend trying to recoup this money? Set a time limit otherwise you are losing even more money (time = money!). Also, assuming you have a receipt, put it through your books as a business expense and then at least you can offset it against tax.
And you could leave some negative feedback for her on the FB group (though keep it factual, don't get personal!).

Sorry read in a hurry

I think live & learn on this one mores the pity

There will be no more contact from her now that she has blocked me. She has put the claim in for her money back off the post office as the post office said they accept responsibility for the damage so she has gained by this so im putting this behind me and moving on.

You can try to put a claim on PayPal... Not sure what will happen though

There will be no more contact from her now that she has blocked me. She has put the claim in for her money back off the post office as the post office said they accept responsibility for the damage so she has gained by this so im putting this behind me and moving on.

Looks like you've been scammed then - how unpleasant :(

Its not consolation for you being £65 down but Karma is a Bitch and she will have her revenge

Have you spoken to admin on the fb page ? If you have her name then you could pass it on to admin to see if they could help ?

Have you spoken to admin on the fb page ? If you have her name then you could pass it on to admin to see if they could help ?

Admin have asked me to contact them which i have done but had no response from them. I haven't given any names to admin but i do have all the conversations saved.

Admin have asked me to contact them which i have done but had no response from them. I haven't given any names to admin but i do have all the conversations saved.
Maybe forward your conversation and ask someone to get back to you. Worth a shot

The admin can do nothing to help you. She can ban the person from the group and that is all.

Id give her name to the admin and put a claim in - it may be to no avail but at least you tried hey. Dont ask, dont get and all that xx

The Admin of a Facebook group has no power, except to ban.

Moral of the story is, buy from authorised distributors. I know it was Facebook but same as on eBay, you never really know what you're buying and also if that had arrived damaged from S2 or somewhere, they would have replaced it

Could try doing a visa charge back through your bank? As long as you have proof that you have paid it out your account, you have proof that you have contacted the seller on numerous times and it hasn't got anywhere. You have 120 days from the day the money goes out your account. My mum's a bank manager she's the one who told me about this. It works for pretty much anything obviously it will then be up to the bank I don't know whether they'll fight against PayPal or her. I had to do it when I got charged twice for a hotel, I know it's different but they put the money back into my account straight away they took my statement of what happened over the phone then I had to email them my proof-screen shot of emails and everything. They told me not to spend the money for up to 14 days and they do everything they need to they'll decide if your entitled to it or not if you are then it'll stay in your account if not they'll write to you and say they've taken it back- my hotel was only 60.00 but that 60 is more than what I earn at work (work not home clients lol).
Try it you've got nothing to lose, call your bank and ask for a visa charge back x

I no it's a bit of a late reply but I think PayPal can help there always advertising pay by PayPal for buyer seller security in sure they can refund the money does PayPal not hold the funds for a set amount of days incase there are problems with the purchase x

I no it's a bit of a late reply but I think PayPal can help there always advertising pay by PayPal for buyer seller security in sure they can refund the money does PayPal not hold the funds for a set amount of days incase there are problems with the purchase x
Not if the buyer paid via friends and family or had the items delivered to a different postal address than is on the PayPal account. C

Latest posts

Back