Not offering nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolapop1

Reaction score
Hi all as the above says I am currently not offering nail art I'm a newbie and only offer l&p and gel polish am I making a huge mistake by not offering this I have tried sooooo many times with nail art and basically I just don't think I have the flare for it in fact I'm rather rubbish I know practice makes perfect etc but is there a high volume clients who still want nail art confused . Com thanks xx

None of my clients are interested in nail art. They just want one colour and that's it. I guess it depends on the age group of your clients. Mine are mainly late 40's and up so it's not really any interest to them.

if you are not comfortable with it then don't do it hun, I think to do something well you have to really want to do it and enjoy it, there are plenty of clients who don't have it so you should be fine

however if you really wanted to , you could do a course, there are some really good ones out there

you could try the moyou plates if you feel you're not up to scratch yet? they're a stamping tool with looooads of different designs on and are fab! there's a post on here somewhere about them x

Hi all as the above says I am currently not offering nail art I'm a newbie and only offer l&p and gel polish am I making a huge mistake by not offering this I have tried sooooo many times with nail art and basically I just don't think I have the flare for it in fact I'm rather rubbish I know practice makes perfect etc but is there a high volume clients who still want nail art confused . Com thanks xx

I don't think you are making a HUGE mistake or will be missing making pots of money ... If nail art is not your signature treatment then you won't get asked for it very much.

There are some nail art techniques however, that are very easy to do with no artistic flair, such as additives, glitter, Minx or Dashing Diva veneers and you can make extra by adding these simple things only. Might be useful before Christmas.

I love nail art and will offer it to clients. Whether or not they have it is up to them. I don't see anything wrong with not offering it but what if you get a client who wants stripes, dots, ombre etc? You could try using stamping plates which are very popular. You can do so many designs with them. I didn't get on well with Konad so I'm practising freehand nail art instead.

I've found that the majority of clients aren't really that aware of nail art and maybe only try it because I have nail wheels with different nail art options. Also, I always have nail art on my own nails.

If it wasn't for this I don't think I'd have that many people asking for it as there's only really a couple that have asked of their own accord. So I wouldn't worry too much if it's something you're not comfortable with. You could always try the stamping plates? or rockstar nails? as these are much easier than hand painted detailed work.

Thanks for all your advice geeks I will read some threads on stamping plates and all your other suggestions on here. It started with lady who rang never done her nails before and asked about my services so I told her and she said she wanted nail art obviously I told her I didn't do it. Her response took me back when she said your a nail tech arnt you what do you mean you don't do it !!! Needless to say she didn't book it's being bothering me all night but like I said earlier I'm just not good at it but again thanks for suggestions will look into them xx

Get yourself some decals, they are really easy to use, and look fab. Or stickers.
I didn't think that I would be interested at all in nail art, but having tried a few things myself, I realised that some of it can be quite easy. I did some galaxy nails on Friday and have had so many compliments about them. Would I enter a competition, good grief NO!

To the client that phoned, you could say that you do offer simple nail art, but your speciality is classic nails, perfectly polished. You could have said, "why not pop in for a free consultation and see if I can accommodate any of your ideas?"
Don't put yourself down too easily, and don't let others judge you too easily either.

Latest posts

Back