Not posted in a while and needing advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
Hi all!
Not been on in a whole so after I've posted this I'm going to do some reading and catching up :)

Here's my situation that's occured

I did a perm on a lady at the beginning of January,

She has contacted me today saying its friZzy and asking for my advice

After conversations with her I have now discovered she coloured her hair herself after the perm, although I made it clear this shouldn't happen and I had her booked In for a colour which She canceled, I now guess that's because she decided to do it herself
She has also informed me her medication has changed and she is using the head and shoulders shampoo

What can I possibly do?
I'm actually thinking, wow it's been 2months! I gave her a shampoo to use and she hasn't used it, I actually felt like I've banged my head against a brick wall....
Can any body recommend a product? As I'm stuck in a daze right now and feel that if she couldn't even be bothered to follow my advice why should I help now two months down the line?
I really hope I don't sound too harsh
But I think this has made me find the backbone I need in my career
Xx

Id put her down gently, it will be squirmish but ull love it because your 100% in the right!

I genuinelly cant be dealling with the diy timewasters, never using the correct aftercare and think its your problem! So what to do, let her know that the box dye she used neutralised the hard work you had done, as pro colour is much softer, and let her know that her shampoo is stripping it even more, and excuse my language but what a dopey lady! then to admit the aftercare that you had suggested for her not even bother to try, i hope shes learnt her expensive lesson, that if she wants you to even touch it, i hope you charge her a bomb! grrrh! good luck xoxo

Id put her down gently, it will be squirmish but ull love it because your 100% in the right!

I genuinelly cant be dealling with the diy timewasters, never using the correct aftercare and think its your problem! So what to do, let her know that the box dye she used neutralised the hard work you had done, as pro colour is much softer, and let her know that her shampoo is stripping it even more, and excuse my language but what a dopey lady! then to admit the aftercare that you had suggested for her not even bother to try, i hope shes learnt her expensive lesson, that if she wants you to even touch it, i hope you charge her a bomb! grrrh! good luck xoxo

Haha
Thank you
I'm actually just considering recommending her another hairdresser because her message really wound me up staying she did not contact me before because she was too upset and she doesn't need this stress on top of her health issues right now. Sort of like its my fault she's upset?

Any products to recommend?xx

Product wise your piddling in the wind slightly, other than deep treatments and serums to fight frizz your a bit stuck as there won't be much perm left x

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Blue, all she can do is some deep conditioning treatments and serum to tame the frizz.
It's not your fault she didn't follow the correct aftercare. How long is her hair? A cut may help take off the dead ends and bounce it up a bit too especially if she's not had it done in 2 months!!!

I would tell her that - you can advise but can't promise anything as she never took your advice in the first instance. Just recommend a repair shampoo and conditioner ... I like kerastase strengthening shampoo and a masque style conditioner x

Thanks all of you.
She won't even allow me to see her hair, all I have is a blurry picture.
I have recommended shampoo and cond treatment, and told her as she hasn't followed my advice there is not a lot I can do now.

Thank you all for your advice, I felt like I was banging my head against a wall last night x

Latest posts

Back