Not sure what now???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am looking for a little bit of advice. A few months ago I had a hairdresser put some bleached blonde highlights thro my hair...i hated it and was in tears it was so blonde that it looked luminous yellow. I thot that i should put some lowlights in to tone it down a bit with no success. So I decided to go red! 4 boxes of dye later n i was red tho as u guys no it started to fade fast! So my husband, god help him, bought me a gift voucher for a top salon in Glasgow so off i went to have it 'fixed' they took my whole voucher and charged me a little bit more on top...215 pounds!!!:eek: (that was for colour and trim) tho now after 2 wks its started to fade again do u reckon i should go back?? I did explain what was happening, can't believe this is upsettin me so much but it is.

It depends on what they did - there may just of been only so much that they could do - no matter how good you are or how good the product hair may always react in a certain way . Its worth phoning them for advice and to see if there is anything more they can do ( it may not even be their fault, as such) but putting more colour on may not be the answer

...215 pounds!!!:eek: (that was for colour and trim)

How Much !!!! How long is your hair down to the floor......
Red does fade fast but i still would go back especially paying £215 for a cut and colour. What are they colouring with 24kt Gold

wow thats alot of money by anyone standards!

reds fade so quickly, and as said even the best of the best are'nt going to stop that. was it explained to u that they would be able to stop it fading so quickly?

u may be able to help it with how often u wash u hair and what u use. if the shampoo is harsh it will strip it, get urself one for red hair that has some pigment in, it will help a litte. also try and cut down the amount u wash ur hair

hth's :)

i no it was so unexpected that they charged me that much.
i do use a red hair shampoo n have only washed it 3 times in 2 wks. No he didn't say that the colour would last longer. He didn't really speak to me to be honest he had an assistant that applied the colour he just trimmed it at the end n sent me on my way.

i will give them a call tomorro tho I really don't want to bombard my hair with more dye as the condition is deteriorating. I hate complaining but id rather any of my clients call me up if there was a problem than tell the world!

Unfortunately reds do fade really quick. I my salon we use a range called b red by affinage. It's not designed for a whole head colour, just for streaks and lowlights. It also has a refresher which freshens the red up when it starts to fade. Had one client who had a few lowlights put in and she came back 5 weeks later for a refresh and it was still really red. I was very impressed as i've never known a red last this long! I have not long changed to affinage and i'm very impressed. Maybe you could have a full head of highlights with b red.
I would definitely go back to the salon though if you are not happy.

Latest posts

Back