Not sure what to do now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren.x

Reaction score
Hi all I’m new to this, it may be a little long so I am sorry, a few weeks ago I got paid off from a salon where I worked (been really quite for a while) I’ve been looking for another job but nothing so far ! I’ve been thinking of going mobile and I would appreciate any tips or advice as I don’t really know where to start!
Thanks
Lauren

There's really not a lot to sort out on the legal side for mobile, just make sure you have public liability insurance, your car is insured for business use and you have a mobile phone, that's all you need really, assuming you have all your other equipment etc.
You'll have to register for tax as well as obviously you'll be self employed.
Just make sure you advertise, everywhere! If you know a mobile hairdresser, perhaps you could swap business cards etc?

thanks hannah,i got business cards and atarted putting them out and im in the middle of trying to put a website together (going wrong).thanks again

lauren

First, be mindful some states don't allow manicure, pedicures, facials & hairstyling to be given outside of a salon.

Second, since your business is mobile make sure you keep good records. There are many tax benefits you can take advantage of.

Third, advertising is very important. Since you’re going mobile think about your car as advertisement. There are many options (window decals/stickers, car wraps, etc). Also, you have an advantage by having existing customers so make sure you utilize that resource. I have written an article on salongeek.com about “The Importance of Word of Mouth and the Salon Industry”.

Last, have your customers rate, review & recommend you after each visit at SalonBlabbermouth - Salon Ratings and Reviews for FREE to boost your businesses buzz. With salonblabbermouth.com you’ll have another source to link people to your site once it’s complete.

Good luck,

SBM Staff Member
SalonBlabbermouth - Salon Ratings and Reviews

First, be mindful some states don't allow manicure, pedicures, facials & hairstyling to be given outside of a salon.

Isn't Catterick here in the UK (North Yorkshire), in which case there are no restrictions on beauty treatments being carried out mobile.

thanks, yes im in north yorkshire.x

Latest posts

Back