Not sure what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpster

Reaction score
I did two friends acrylics two weeks ago, one of them is not used to long nails and managed to snap one of her tips about 5 days later and has done more since. My other friend had regularly been having hers done at a NSS salon and her nails were very weak when I did them and hers lasted about 10 days til a couple came off. I have had mine on (which I do myself) successfully for longer than them and I don't have these problems so what has happened? I'm having a little crisis of confidence and am wondering if I should redo my friends nails to make up for them not lasting?

My nails never snap or come off and I have other customers that don't have these problems. Any advice appreciated xx

Right firstly, friend one broke her own nail 5 days after you did them because they were not at a working length for her which she knew, not your fault!
Second friend is used to having cheap concrete on her nails & is probably very heavy handed with her nails.
If they both left with sets you & they were happy with then you can't be responsible for how they treat them when they walk out your door, they did not have problems with lifting they broke them!
Chin up hon xx

For the NSS friend it's likely that the products you used weren't as strong as the mma they used in her nails and because of the damage already there that would be what has caused them to come off. (well they probably lifted and she picked the rest off..)

As for the other friend you should have started her with smaller nails since she wasn't used to long nails so could be why she has snapped them as she was just not careful. Did u give them both an aftercare leaflet?

You said you havnt had problems with other clients so there's my explanation for those 2. I wouldn't redo them for free (I hope u charged them full price to begin with?) they would ask you if they wanted them redoing surely.

Explain to friend 1 that you can redo those 2 nails for a small charge and tell friend 2 that she would need to have them shorter next time and you can do them now for the cost of a rebalance and a small discount of goodwill. Completely up to you how you handle payment but that's what I would do. Hth x

You're right thanks for the pep talk, I didn't do anything wrong. I advised my friend she should start off with shorter nails but she was sure that's the length she wanted.

I must admit though I didn't give them aftercare leaflets as I am a little insure what to put on them other than use solar oil, don't pick them off and don't use them to open tins with lol, could someone please advise what I should put on them and I will print some off tonight thanks :)

Completely agree with the other 2 lovely ladies. You may need to explain to your friend that has been going to NSS salons the difference in products and the possible dangers of MMA.
Rhiannon x

Just wanted to say I'm not saying they DID use mma but it's likely that they did in this case x

Just wanted to say I'm not saying they DID use mma but it's likely that they did in this case x

Absolutely that's why I said 'may' and 'possible' :)
Rhiannon x

Just an update for you, 'friend' who had been going to NSS salon has now started offering nails herself at £15 a set of acrylics and surprise surprise hers are staying on longer ( could this be because they are very thickly applied and are nowhere near as long as she insisted she wanted and always had them?). No training, qualification or insurance, makes my blood boil.

Grrrrr!!!

Just an update for you, 'friend' who had been going to NSS salon has now started offering nails herself at £15 a set of acrylics and surprise surprise hers are staying on longer ( could this be because they are very thickly applied and are nowhere near as long as she insisted she wanted and always had them?). No training, qualification or insurance, makes my blood boil.

Grrrrr!!!

Grrrr indeed! Rise above it honey and continue doing things how they should be done.
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back