Nouvatan help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamgirl

Reaction score
Hello!

I've trained with a couple of spray tan brands and every so often I change solutions as and when new things come out.

I've recently bought a few nouvatan colours but am experiencing difficulties!

It's a lot more watery than previous solutions so I've closed the gun a little but still get a lot of over spray.

Hard to explain but when you do the downward strokes, should they be very narrow?!

I had mine done last night and have very dry skin this morning, colour is sitting in my pores and I'm extremely dark, I only used 8%.

I have a client in later and just wondered if anyone could offer any advise please?

I have left a message with nouvatan but thought I'd ask here too!

Thanks all 😊

Sounds like you haven't got your gun set correctly. Sounds like you may have change the spray pattern setting from vertical to horizontal rather then turning your gun down.

Which machine do you have?

I can't advise you which setting you need but can tell you how to work it out. You just need to do the couch roll test! I do this before EVERY tan I do regardless.

Basically you just need to spray on to couch roll as you would a clients skin. If your gun is set correctly you will have a nice even guide colour where you have sprayed but it will not have gone through to the back of the paper. If you can see it has soaked through (even slightly) turn down your gun slightly and repeat until you get it set just right.

I stock nouvatan alongside other solutions and find it a really great solution to work with. Persevere it will pay off :)

Thank you!

Got the spray pattern right but can't seem to stop it spraying wet!

Do you find it sits in pores and dries skin out?

Ps it's a maxi mist machine

Thanks, will watch later!

Latest posts

Back