Now this has never happened before :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzleuk

Reaction score
I did a wedding party a few weeks ago.. everything went lovely :D spray tans, manicures, facials pedicures and nail extensions.. UNTIL.... the lady who never had extensions before sat at my table.. lovely lady she was. A nurse. VERY specific about the length of her nail extensions but wanted beautiful nails for the wedding. I cut them slightly shorter than my regular clients and my daughter who has to have them short for school. I did everything that I would do in preparation... whilst filing 4 nails fell off.. I prepared once again just to be sure... and 2 of the same fell off :sad:I was devestated! I had never had this happen EVER!!! no contraindications, no health problems, no nothing! Apart from the fact she was a nurse? I know she uses antibacterial ALOT... has anyone else had this problem. I felt aweful charging her for her set of nails that took me twice as long to complete... I said I would not charge but she insisted she pay me for my trouble :sad: Any ideas? or was it the rather short length? I am mystified..:irked:

hi. I've mever experienced this myself before so i'm a little baffled. when you say the nails fell off during filing, do you mean the product (gel, acrylic etc) or the plastic tip? If it was the tip it could be down to the glue you're using either not being fully set - some take ages - or reacting against the tip - I have experienced this with NSI clear Elation tips. If it was product, it could be down to improper cure?? but you didn't mention the system you used, it could be excessive oil on nail plate - try dehydrating with pure acetone and avoid using any cuticle remover products, just dry prep - or the nat nail plate being too smooth - try de-shining with a 180 sponge file.
Did the client have sweaty hands? This can sometimes affect product adhesion.

I'm really just throwing ideas out here, but if you got the nails to stay on in the end then all ends well etc, maybe just keep a spare glue in a diff brand in your kit and also some spare tips.

Hth x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hunie honestly, I know this probably won't help but don't beat yourself up, nurses are AWFUL for enhancements. I should know. My mother is a nurse.

Just yesterday she came to me a day, yes a day, after I'd done her a set of silks with lifting on ONE nail. Baffled I was, that is until she told me she caught it on something at work and the others weren't looking too great after a day in hygiene sprays.

So I'm pretty sure it would be nothing you've done, just what her nails have been through would probably make them fairly weak. :hug: I know it's upsetting but she paid you, she must love them :)

Aromababys right though, more info please ;) x

it was the acrylic tip that popped off.. it had set... but popped off like nothing I had ever seen before.. I use a brush on nail dehydrator... I use CDN nails, acrylic/powder etc but my glue is not.. its a brush on. I cannot think of the name off top of my head.
In the end after persevering I did get an entire set applied and yes she was happy, they they did look nice and I can only have hoped they lasted the day :-( She never had nail extensions before and to be honest I do not think she will have them again. if it is my glue... what would u suggest is a good brush on glue? I do not think this is it but if I do run into the problem again I woudl like a reliable backup just in case :)

I had this problem once, and it ended up to be the glue. I was using a brush on adhesive (good well known make) and this happened to a lady who I normally had no problems with. I asked in case she had hand cream on etc, but no go.
I actually took it back to the shop to ask if it could be 'off' yet still seem good in the bottle, and they were really good and told me that yes, every now and again they had this problem, and gave me another bottle for free. I wasnt bothered about the cost but I wanted to know if it was possibly the glue, and yes it was.
New bottle, not had the problem since but I always keep a spare now in case it happens again.

This has happened to me, too, when my adhesive lost its adhering qualities, either by age or other factors. The nail popped right off, but it was when I was prepping the nail for acrylic application.

yes has happened to me also. glue is the culprit. I have a couple of different glues on hand. I usually use the CND. Perhaps it was old.

Do not beat yourself up over this.

I am still confused as to what fell off :confused:

Was it the plastic tip that fell off whilst being blended/shaped prior to applying the acrylic (L&P) ?
or
The whole acrylic nail fell off during finish filing?

If it was the tip then yes I would say the adhesive was to blame.
If the whole nail popped off then it could be either your prep or possibly the client has extrememly oily nail pates (quite rare though).

Latest posts

Back