NSI Balance Gel extensions with Pro-Impressions tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_girl

Reaction score
Hello :lol:

Me again!

What does everyone think about these nails? They are my first set of gels. They took me about 3 hours. The client is happy with them. I am just training at the mo so its practice. I have been doing my research but I guess its just practice to get really good which I fully understand. Im just impatient lol.

I bought some pro-impression tips and they are really good. I am seriously in love.

Can I just ask, I am using the correct sized tips but is it the white tips that are too long in length which gives it the wide look? That is the bit I am struggling with and the smile lines. Acrylic is a different story! Lol.

Also I have been looking at lots of videos and when I apply the gel like it does in the videos then its quite a lot of gel that I apply and it just seems to run as soon as I put the nail into the lamp. I tried it on myself today and I couldnt get the hang of it. It must be harder doing it on yourself. :evil:

Thanks all!

Last edited:
I think they look pretty good! But then I don't know much about enhancements... just wanted to say something lol. Perhaps a bit lumpy on the tips? Though that could be the glitter distorting the view. And the tips don't look like they are too wide (but again, only from a very interested soon to be enhancement training person's view!) x

I think they look pretty good! But then I don't know much about enhancements... just wanted to say something lol. Perhaps a bit lumpy on the tips? Though that could be the glitter distorting the view. And the tips don't look like they are too wide (but again, only from a very interested soon to be enhancement training person's view!) x

The tips do look wide to me ... :Love: Also the white colour is to me very unattractive as there are so many nicer whites around both in the gels for sculpting and tip choices. I am not a lover of the "tipex" look and of course that colour emphasizes both the wideness and the length. The natural nails are also a little fan shaped which doesn't help either.

Thank you Geeg and Smellenor

I am trained in NSI. I have just looked on their website and they actually do a gel that is soft white. Im not too much of a fan of the bright white but that is what the client wants. I may have to try soft white. I wondered why they were looking so wide but the white emphasises the tips.

I think because the client wanted her nails a bit long then I probably didnt cut them down enough to balance the nails out. I will keep trying and purchase the soft white.

I really love your book Geeg. I refer to it so will keep trying.

Thanks

I agree with geeg, and I also fing the free edge to be a bit inconsistent.

If you find the gel to runny don't be afraid to experiment with other types of gel or other brands. I've tried a few before I found the ones I work with the best.

Hi there,

Have you tried the 'paint on white' by NSI..? It goes on like a nail polish - a lot thinner than a thicker gel. I find it works much better for me and the end result is a much prettier tip and less bulky especially if you're adding glitter to it. I also use the builder blush not only underneath the white but over the top as well - that gives a much more natural look to the white.... not quite to tippexy! Well done though :Love:

Hi Elmojo

It is paint on white but I realise I need to paint it on thinner to start with then cure then another coat of white then cure. I have just ordered the new masquerade gels and acrylics from NSI and also the Technail colour kit. I will keep that tip in mind about builder blush.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back