NSI gel not curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiffing01

Reaction score
Hi,

I am newly qualified and struggling with NSI Gels.

Firstly I tried curing with a LED lamp and found this didn't work, spoke with the nice NSI Lady who kindly advised I need a 36watt lamp.

Following this I rebuilt my confidence , re-read my tech manual, re-read the NSI manuals online, watched the utube training for NSI and tried again.

The gel doesn't see to set, I prep the nail put a line layer of the body builder on, set for 2 mins and then add 2 layers of the colour gel and then the top coat curing each layer for 2 mins at a time. The nails seem wrong but on day 2 they seem to peal and the base coat of colour is wet and sticky.

Can anyone offer any help or advice as I have lost my confidence with NSI and considering moving to CND.

advised

Have you removed all the plastic covers from your lamp? Where did you buy the lamp? Is it compatible with your gel? Was it brand new or second hand? Are you sure you're doing the layers thin enough? Are you using tips or sculpting, if tips are they white, natural or clear? Lots of questions I know but I've never heard of this before and I use NSI and love it. What prep do you do? X

What lamp are you using?

Push cuticles back
Buff the shine
Etch nail plate in circular motion
Sanitise
Leave to dry
Nails pure plus
Leave to dry
Balance bond scrubbed into nail plate
Leave 1 minute

I work the base coat in circular motions and then drag to the free edge to finish

Cure 2 mins

Colour coat then cute- colour coat then cure- top coat then cure.

The lamp is new a 36watt lamp

Granted I have not checked if there is plastic layers on the bulbs, this could be my error.

No tips used.

My layers could be thick, do you apply like you would nail varnish or do you role off onto the nail plate an push the gel around?

Please help losing faith : (

Hi, my advice would be to do a conversion course with your chosen brand ie NSI. I find this way you would be taught correctly the steps needed to carry out the service using their product.
All the best in your nail career :)

Where did you buy your lamp from as sounds like a lamp issue and your gels are not curing.

Hi

Make sure you have taken the clear plastic off the bottom of the lamp, it wont be obvious that its there but it will be (think its blue).

Im not massivly experienced my self but had a similar problem and I was told by NSI to try and cure for a little longer, especially if its a thicker gel.

HTH x

Thanks all : )

Is it the pro polish you are using? If so you need to be doing thin layers and also need to be taking tacky layer off at the end too ;0)

Can you describe to me how you think it's not curing..? Is it the way the gel feels, or the fact it's not lasting? x

Latest posts

Back