nsi gel question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what gels they use in nsi for the french look? I have been having a play i have got 1 step blush , builder clear, builder white, paint on white and clear finish.
With the paint on white do you wipe the sticky residue of builder layer first then lightly buff over nail before applying white?

Can anyone tell me what gels they use in nsi for the french look? I have been having a play i have got
1 step blush , this goes on after the white
builder clear, this can be used instead of the pink after the white
builder white, used for the free edge to create white free edge and smile line
paint on white used on toes to create white free edge and smile line
and clear finish. used after white and pink to give a high gloss finish[/COLOR]
With the paint on white do you wipe the sticky residue of builder layer first then lightly buff over nail before applying white?

in not sure of the above Hun as i haven't used it yet
some people put the pink or clear builder on first and then the white free edge nsi told me it can be done either way . i hope this makes sense :green:

When I used the Paint on white I prep nail, apply thin bonder layer on one step clear or blush, they apply white in 2 very thin coats and then builder.

I also do it the other way, and use builder first then apply white in 2 thin coats.

You must apply in thin coats of the white as thicker coats ruin the overall look of the nail, they can run down to the FE and make it look thicker. Also, it may not cure as well.

You dont have to wipe between layers although I find that applying the white over the sticky layer makes the white run into the clear layer. I normally do 2 fingers at a time to ensure nice crisp smiles and freeze cure them before moving on the the next two. Or you can smooth over nail with a buffer and then apply white.

Thanks for your replies. I have tried applying white wthout wiping sticky layer off but like you said it seems to run and could not get crisp smile line. Can you apply builder straight after primer or do you need a bonding layer?

No you dont need a bonding layer as such, NSI say that you can go straight in and use builder layer first.

I always find that by using a bonder layer first, be it with a thin layer of builder or one step the end result is better and they seem to last longer, maybe because you work that first thin layer into the nail and not just place it on and move the top part of the gel around if you know what i mean.

To get a crisp smile onto of sticky layer use a brush dipped in cleanse and wiped on a lint free pad to clean up the smile and freeze cure it before it runs again. I use a brush like the Shorti Brush that comes with some of the kits from NSI, they sell a normal size on on there too, it has white bristles and is square, sorry cant remember the name of it of the top of my head.

HTH

Rachel

Thanks for your help. Does anyone do it any different?

Latest posts

Back