NSI or CND Scotland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsMeea

Reaction score
Hello Geeks!
I done The Edge acrylic 2 day course in Glasgow and as much as I can create pretty nails that last 2-5 weeks I use white tips with a clear or pink overlay, I have only ever done 2 infills-which took me about 2 hours and didn't look 'fresh' :cry:
I would like to re-train in or around Glasgow with nsi or cnd, however, there are some training groups that train with these products however, have not been trained with the company themselves. I'm looking for facts n figures if theres anyone that can help me?
I thought I was doing ok til I came across this site! So many of you have already made me realise that is's so much more than making the nails look pretty, it's an art.
Eventually I want to go on and do a holistic course, however, til then I want to progress and be able to create beautiful nails.

I've a Guild certificate in Manicure & Pedicures and have been using SkinTruth products but am wanting to use another more luxourious system without paying too much-any recommendations?

Also I have my certificates in Waxing & Tinting, I love shaping and waxing eyebrows but don't like waxing other areas! Is it ok to concentrate on only the eyebrows or is it not a done thing? :irked:

I'm new to the site and want to be 3 year ahead of myself so sorry for all the questions but i'm so interested in everyones experienced opinion(& of course newbies like me). It's so easy to fall into a trap where all you do is basic nails & get by-I want a career, I fell into this and now find it so interesting and exciting cos of all you Geeks :).

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.
Maria x

I cant speak for NSI but the only way to get a CND certificate which will allow you to buy from the official distributor is to train with an authorised trainer so check with Sweet Squared as to who their authorised trainers are in your area.

I would not trust my money to someone who says they use the products and can train you but have not been trained by the proper people.

Check with both NSI Scotland and Sweet Squared as to what you get for your money in terms of training, kit etc and search on here to see the after care reputation of both companies.

I have used another system before and I love EzFlow because I love their glitter and colour acrylic. After I did one day Liquid + Powder Basic. I found out all the answers I've been asking myself why since I leaned how to do nail enhancement.

I have never tried using CND myself and what I saw here in this website was - everyone like CND so I'm kind of prejudice of this brand's reputation.

What I learned that day were chemical reaction, product control and scientific reasons including a very warm welcome from Fee Wee and Fiona.

You have no idea how far I live away from Newbridge and I caught a train plus the bus and of course, walk by feet just to get there somewhere on earth but in that moment I needed to see it with my own eyes.

On the first met, I'm kind of bias as Fee introduced ProStyler #8 while I took my favourite brush and I love my baby #508 brush together with me too. Then I tried and found out that CND brush works very well with CND Product and this system is great like people said and I have my mind opened.

I didn't ask you to believe in what I said. If you'd like to develop your skills, I recommend here :idea: THE FINGERTIPS CENTRE :green:. What she taught is not a secret, you just go there and try yourself.

There's rebalancing course, lifting prevention etc... :Look_left

You will know better that what you knew and all those experiences you've gained before will help you to be ready to learn so fast.

Whatever you choose, good luck dear. :twisted:

hi there i am doing the nsi course at the moment in hillington and loving it only been there a week and i also used my ila there as they accept i got £200 off my course plus i went on there open day and got a further 10% off the course. i done basic nails at college and learnt nothing. you take two models with you to work on and it is a great course and toni the lecturer is fantastic i cant speak for cnd a lot of people on here do love it, but the site is run with sweet squared so there are going to be more cnd users on this site i would nt let that sway your opinoin do what is right fo you but look into ila as well. x

Thank you Yurionfire,
I'll contact fingertips monday morning & get info on their courses.
Love the twisted face at the end!
Maria :)

Hi Chazac,
I've went on-line this morning and applied for ILA pack-does it take long to set up? I know theres an nsi convertion course on the 12th of this month.
I'm getting my nails done at a salon tomorrow as they use nsi, thought it would be good to see done on myself before booking anything. oh it can be daunting! I don't have a great prob with the system i'm using the now it's just after reading comments on this site I think it's better to change to one thats well recognised and offers good aftercare.
Are you doing all nail systems and over how many days?
maria :)[/COLOR]

I can only give you advice on what I know.

I did a 2 day course with Millennium Nails and then a conversion with CND.... well I can tell you I learned more on that day than I had learned since I did that first course.

I did call NSI about a conversion course but due to me living in Germany at the time I had to find a course that I could do when I was at home. NSI wouldn't help me out but when I phoned the CND educator in Glasgow she listened to my situation and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse and thats when I realised that they would help me out when I needed it and I couldn't be more thankful for it.

I would recommend CND anyday. I am now starting my Masters with them and I am not looking back.

At the end of the day it's entirely up to you but just letting you know what I think.

Good Luck with whoever you choose.

Angela

Hi Chazac,
I've went on-line this morning and applied for ILA pack-does it take long to set up? I know theres an nsi convertion course on the 12th of this month.
I'm getting my nails done at a salon tomorrow as they use nsi, thought it would be good to see done on myself before booking anything. oh it can be daunting! I don't have a great prob with the system i'm using the now it's just after reading comments on this site I think it's better to change to one thats well recognised and offers good aftercare.
Are you doing all nail systems and over how many days?
maria :)[/COLOR]

no it doesnt take long as soon as you get your forms in i think i was two week something like that. when i applied for my course they just take your ila number and then the voucher gets sent to you and you give the voucher to nsi. i am doing the foundation course it split over 4 weeks as you need to practise at home. obviously i looked into cnd as everyone raves about it on here and i did almost book it but nsi do take the ila which helped me out a lot plus i have done a few training courses with them for other things and liked them. everyone has there own personnel choice i dont regret who i booked with. xx hth

hi there i am doing the nsi course at the moment in hillington and loving it only been there a week and i also used my ila there as they accept i got £200 off my course plus i went on there open day and got a further 10% off the course. i done basic nails at college and learnt nothing. you take two models with you to work on and it is a great course and toni the lecturer is fantastic i cant speak for cnd a lot of people on here do love it, but the site is run with sweet squared so there are going to be more cnd users on this site i would nt let that sway your opinoin do what is right fo you but look into ila as well. x

How o earth did you get al that money off?

How o earth did you get al that money off?

i used my ila account which is £200 towards courses you want to do some people get £500 for higher course. i think this is only in scotland its if your earning are below 22,000 i think it is. and nsi had open day with 10% off courses booked that day x

Latest posts

Back