NSI products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailednails

Reaction score
So I'm doing level 3 nail tec course through a local college, and we use NSI products to train with....
in the long term , thinking ahead to next year when I'm qualified and wanted to be working in salon, in NSI that marketable to clients?
as a brand from a customer point of view is it all that desirable or even recognisable?

So far the quality seems good (but I'm a novice haha) obviously the big brands such as CND are instantly recognisable....Will clients still be willing to come if I advertise the quality and technique of my work through picture on social media even though I'm using perhaps lesser known brand. Or is it just me that hadn't really heard of NSI before?

do any of you use NSI in salon?
are clients familiar with the branding?
Are they happy with the product?
Do you feel you might be at a better advantage if you offered shellac or a similar more widely known brand?
Is it a product that you found people/clients requested ?

I know I'm only early stages I just want to get a feel for what others in industry think/use/offer.

I just don't want to be clipping my wings , obviously regardless I will keep an open mind and be open to new product as the market developes, just wondering if it's essential for additional specific brand training prior to set up, or perhaps I could do it once I've set up and got a client base?

Any advice would be fantastic. I've been on this site avidly, ready everything can, learned so much already!

Xx

Most clients have no idea about acrylic brands, they just want nice nails. I've never had a client ask what brand of acrylic I use. Only been asked about polish brand. I use NSI and think its great. Haven't tried CND but heard great things about them

Thanks, oh that's good to know. . SO do their own polish lines and systems, obviously these will be something we will be shown how to use on my course, should I just continue with NSI for my acrylic, and gel then offer a more popular brand of polish? NSI have the one week polish brand 'misa' and the cured 2 week polish brand 'polish pro'. Regardless of brand I want to offer the best quality and technique I possibly can, it I think maybe clients are actively seeking the brands they know, trust, their friends use, have heard of before.
X

Thanks, oh that's good to know. . SO do their own polish lines and systems, obviously these will be something we will be shown how to use on my course, should I just continue with NSI for my acrylic, and gel then offer a more popular brand of polish? NSI have the one week polish brand 'misa' and the cured 2 week polish brand 'polish pro'. Regardless of brand I want to offer the best quality and technique I possibly can, it I think maybe clients are actively seeking the brands they know, trust, their friends use, have heard of before.
X

Only you will know what works best for you, give NSI a go and see how you get on with it.. I have only used the acrylic so don't know much about the policies etc. I use OPI polish. Shellac and Gelish for gels. Hope this helps x

Thanks! Just wanted to be more aware of what generally the customers want, obviously I won't know exactly until I HAVE a client base, just a general feel for what the industry trends are, and as a professional is it expected that you provide shellac/gelish/opi ?
X

I use NSI balance gel and I love it. I originally trained with another brand but I find NSI much easier to work with, and it gives me great results with no service breakdown. I have had 3 clients come to me specifically because I use it, otherwise clients don't seem to mind what I put on their nails as long as their nails are well looked after and they last. I'd stick with them and only change brand if you feel you aren't getting the results you're after.

NSI do their own gel polish called Polish Pro - but I don't like it. I use Gelish and have excellent results with it.

Thanks, it was actually their specific polish brands that I was interested in how to promote/sell as a product/service, everyone knows and are familiar with brands like gelish and shellac, but I think your right and my best bet is to keep the basic acrylic and gel systems in NSI as long as I'm comfortable with using them and get Good long lasting quality results.

Do I have to do specific gelish or shellac training to use these products professionally, or will my level 3 nail tech course be sufficient? (Is it just doing these training courses will give me an advantage in specific brand techniques?

Xx

Hi
I use NSI for their gels and l&p.
I use their SpaRitual range for all my manicures and pedicures and this is the polish I use.
I love it all!
From a retail point of view I only have a small client base as I'm not doing full time yet however what few I have also love it and make regular purchases. I think CND are very well known and look like fantastic products and I am always tempted to convert but then I do like what I am using so am more than happy right now. Even if NSI is not as well known (or maybe marketed) I think you can make the products appealing to your clients as they often haven't heard of them before anyway. Mine love the ethos behind sparitual and the quality. I sell quite a lot of files, polish, top coats, base coats as well as the lotions. My ladies also love nsi nurture oil and lotion. Hope that helps xx

Thank you, just think I need to look round my area and know the market better, but just worrying/wondering if it is something I need to move on from as soon as my training is up, or can gradually convert to once I'm established , or if other people found that both pro polish and misa were more than enough to offer your clients.....I just feel that most people expect shellac or gelish or opi.....

Xx

My clients dont give a 'rats' what products I use. All they care about is that my gel polish and acrylics last and that I have a great colour selection for them to choose from.

I use NSI for my acrylics
ibd Just Gel Polish & Artistic Colour Gloss for my UV Gel Polish &
CND Brisa Lite for Gel enhancements.

All top quality products that I know will work for ME everytime and therefore keep my clients happy with no lifting, chipping etc. And then they will come back to me.

You need to work out what works best for you and what products/brands you like to use. Everyone is different.

Well I will be training in the nsi balance gels, so it makes sense to use the product I've been trained in and hopefully mastered in terms of application and quality service, maybe branch out if and when. Already decided I will be advertising through ssocial media and posting pictures of my creations to encourage new clients,so hopefully they will come as a direct result of what they've seen regardless of actual brand, as long as, like you said, it looks good, and its long lasting!
X

I agree. I think as long as you are using quality products and giving good results people are fine. I remember before I trained having my nails done I had no idea about the brands being used I just wanted a nice job doing. Also I think many clients misuse the brands too, in many of their minds they ask for gelish/shellac etc but actually they mean they want something like that treatment.
I tell people 'I do not have that brand, I use ... The benefits of this are... And this is my colour range... '
Touch wood they have always been happy with that. Xx

Thanks! Just wanted to be more aware of what generally the customers want, obviously I won't know exactly until I HAVE a client base, just a general feel for what the industry trends are, and as a professional is it expected that you provide shellac/gelish/opi ?
X

I use Gelish and Shellac but I'm switching to just Gelish soon. Since I have added this to my business I have gained so many new clients. I say out of all my treatments that along with spray tanning I do most of, next would be waxing. I have less and less people asking of acrylics these days which suits me just fine as most of them have switched to gel polish which is quicker for me = more money lol

I done my level 3 using Nsi but was curious about Cnd & whilst at college the tutor arranged us to do a conversion l&p course at cnd so we all went along and had a great day.
I then had to decide wether to sell my Nsi kit which was a lot more than the cnd products I had or stick with Nsi.
I stuck with Nsi and still use it now, I love the new opaque colours as they are a great nude colour which are so popular.
I must admit i tried the nsi pro polish but in the end invested in shellac and more recently gelish I love them both.
As everyone says it what works for you. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Nsi and Nubar acrylic I find them both great to work with. I tend not Goodmorning go for it's popular lets buy it. I try out a few samples pick the ones I prefer. I have a client that comes from Walsall for her nails if she has an odd emergency breakage she has a salon she used to go down there. She said "it's ok because they use the same stuff you and they hand file" but it's very rare that clients notice or ask what you use.

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back