NSI Secrets Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimmyB66

Reaction score
I am looking for an LED gel soak off system to use with tips and forms. So far the only brand i can find is nsi Secrets removable gel system. Has anyone used this, or does anyone know of another brand out there? Thanks :lol:

Hi did you try this product? I'm considering trailing it but trying to find more info x

I'm looking for one two have u tried this??

Hiya,
yes i bought the trial kit just before Christmas, and have tried it with tips on 3 friends (with Gelish polish on top) with mixed results. There is now a video online at NSI's Nail Angel blog website of how to apply french using a tip. But the video was so slow coming i had already done my 3 sets.
I dont know if my application method was at fault or if the gel is not very good. I have only just trained in extensions using the NSI Balance (buff off) system, and this was my first time doing full sets.
The feed back i had from my guinea pigs was that the nail tips pinged off. One set lasted 2 days, one 3, and the last 4. I built the gel up in 3 layers, and the video only shows one! So im not sure if its me or the product. I am going to call NSI for advise, and will post their reply.
Does anyone know, how long should a set of hard gel extensions last? I was hoping it would be as durable as acrylic. In which case i must have made huge mistakes!
The application of the gel was actually quite good, and i got a nice flat finish before putting on the gelish. I have attached 2 photos, i know they are a long way from being good, but for first 2 attempts im happy enough. Lots of room for improvement though!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Jade 1.jpg
    Jade 1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Mia 1.jpg
    Mia 1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 348
Hi All,
called NSI and had a chat about the LED soak off gel and got a few pointers. The free edge should be VERY short, i left it the same length as the well on my tips, and that is wrong and creates a stress point which could result in the tips snapping off. You only need one application of the gel, possibly a second to even out imperfections.
Have had a couple more practices over the last few days and things are going better. My nail guinea pigs are under strict instructions to report back to me any problems, and i haven't heard from either of them yet :) Im hoping all being well i might get to practice an infill :):) NSI have now put 2 videos on their Nail Angels website, a french using a tip and gel colours using a form. They make it look so easy! I am off to the Excel show in Feb and they have a stand there with demo's which i will go and see. I will keep practicing and hopefully get better. Here's a pic of my nieces nails from last night. Constructive criticism welcome x

Attachments

• Louisa5.jpg
    Louisa5.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 248
Thanks I'm going to the show so I'll have a look at there stand fingereds xd they will stay on 😃 the last set look lovely to

Hi, I've just bought it as i have a client who isn't getting on with Gelish & Acrylics don't stay on. She says Bio Sculpture stays on her which I use to do but in the mean time I saw the Secrets so thought i'd try this first.

Doing my client tom so fingers crossed. I did it on mine today & so far so good to the point of application. Will see how long they last but def feel stronger.

I want to try the nsi one. I've used the CND brisa light sculpting gel which is a soak off gel and that lasted pretty well - I don't do that many gel nails though it's mostly acrylics so can't say I've tested it too much x x

Cant wait to see this at beauty show. Silly question if you put gel polish over top I assume you would have to buff colour off rather than soak, when doing infills. How many times would you infill before soaking off ? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried the NSI secrets soak off gel.. but i find that i can literally bend the free edge back and forth :irked: i thought it was my bulbs so i changed them but still getting the same? I have some Ezflow gel so itried that and they are solid.. I have a trades test Monday and i was going to use it but not sure weather to or not now? xx

I've tried the NSI secrets soak off gel.. but i find that i can literally bend the free edge back and forth :irked: i thought it was my bulbs so i changed them but still getting the same? I have some Ezflow gel so itried that and they are solid.. I have a trades test Monday and i was going to use it but not sure weather to or not now? xx

Oh thats not good, I just ordered the trial kit which should be here ready for me to try out over the weekend, did ask on here if anyone used it and what they thought of it and no one replied so just took the plunge and ordered, if I had seen your thread I may have thought twice but will let you know when I have tried it out, I normally use Calgel but thought I would have a change and try something else, did think of Brisa lite but would have to invest in another lamp and to be honest I like the idea it can be used with led, have you telephoned them and asked them why its like that.

You need to work on structure! With gel been how it is with its self levelling properties, it's harder to get the arch down the centre of the nail that you see when you look down the barrel (should not be flat), and when you look at the side of the nail it should be arched around the free edge of the natural nail (depending on length) keeping sides tapered and cuticle area flush with the natural nail, also tapered towards the tip, people also have the habit of applying gels way to thin. A lot of people who do liquid and powder enhancements find that when they try gels it really highlights the structure issues which you can get away with acrylic because of its pure strength, but if you can bend the extension back then there is something wrong with your structure, if you can maybe try using forms instead of tips, or if you must use tips make sure you've blended the join until it's pretty much invisible, also thin out the thickness of the tip as much as possible, the less of the weaker tip gives more space for the stronger gel.. My gel enhancements last just as long as my l+p enhancements do, with either hard or soft gels (brisa/brisa lite) x

You need to work on structure! With gel been how it is with its self levelling properties, it's harder to get the arch down the centre of the nail that you see when you look down the barrel (should not be flat), and when you look at the side of the nail it should be arched around the free edge of the natural nail (depending on length) keeping sides tapered and cuticle area flush with the natural nail, also tapered towards the tip, people also have the habit of applying gels way to thin. A lot of people who do liquid and powder enhancements find that when they try gels it really highlights the structure issues which you can get away with acrylic because of its pure strength, but if you can bend the extension back then there is something wrong with your structure, if you can maybe try using forms instead of tips, or if you must use tips make sure you've blended the join until it's pretty much invisible, also thin out the thickness of the tip as much as possible, the less of the weaker tip gives more space for the stronger gel.. My gel enhancements last just as long as my l+p enhancements do, with either hard or soft gels (brisa/brisa lite) x

Thanks for info, I trained with Calgel so think it should be about the same, but saying that sometimes I should build up the gel more than I do, I dont do l + P yet but would like to add them later, may even get a trial kit and have a play about.

Latest posts

Back