NSI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_girl

Reaction score
This is a response on Facebook from NSI

The products & lamps are designed to work together, for best results we would recommend using both the NSI lamp & product but we also understand that not everyone can pay out for another lamp just to try a new system x

Thoughts?

I'm annoyed a little personally. I have all their products x

I'm annoyed that they changed their mind. I use gellux and have a gellux led lamp. I emailed them before investing in nsi secrets gel asking if my lamp was suitable and they said it was? X

What is so wrong with their response?

Nothing is so wrong with it. I'm just a little annoyed as I always make sure to use products as per manufactures instructions. If the instructions are not specific enough I always ask.

To have in their instructions for a product any led lamp I thought was misleading so emailed specifically asking a question. To be given one answer but then for them to say that there may be problems is not really acceptable I feel.

Other companies CND for example say that their led lamp is for their system and that is perfectly acceptable. At least they are clear where they stand.

I tried their system (obviously wouldn't buy the lamp just for a trial) and liked it so have invested init. However I don't want to buy their lamp as I don't want two (I'm mobile). Pro polish doesn't seem to have the best of reviews on here, so I would be looking at trailing different soak of gels so that I can find one that suits my clients needs that also has a gel polish to run alongside it.

For me it's frustrating as I like to do things properly, follow manufacturers instructions and not void my insurance.

It's a shame as I do really like nsi secrets gel :( x

For me it's frustrating as I like to do things properly, follow manufacturers instructions and not void my insurance.

I'm sorry but I fail understand where your frustration is coming from too? Their response clearly says 'we recommend using both the lamp & the product' - they have also mentioned that they are aware people can't always to do that to 'try' a new system. From that reply I read that a 'try' would be a one off or couple of sets to see if you liked the colours/application method, etc. but long term if you liked it, you would invest fully.

I suspect many many techs 'try' other products in various manufacturers lamps before making the fully commitment either way. For instance I know Gel II recommend their lamp but their product will cure also in a CND lamp so many many techs tried Gel II that way before making a final decision, and if decided to move across they then purchased the whole system including a lamp.

Because from the way I read it (which is probably wrong) they was saying that to use the product properly, then the lamp also needs to be used. I have no problem with this, lots of companies now state the same but when I checked (via email so there was no confusion)I was told otherwise x

Trinity the response from nsi recommending lamp & products be used together was quoted here from Facebook by beauty girl, and is not the written response which was given to beauty bits. Their email to beauty bits stated that their lamp would be suitable for her needs, which is confusing.

If a company replies to an email in response to an enquiry, I would find it very annoying for them to then be backtracking and saying the opposite.

[QUisOTE="blossom, post: 2398036told, member: 15281"lamp]Trinity the response from nsi recomwon'ting lamp & products be used together was quoted here from Facebook by beauty girl, and is not the written response which was given to beauty bits. Their email to beauty bits stated that their lamp would be suitable for her needs, which is confusing.

If a company replies to an email in response to an enquiry, I would find it very annoying for them to then be backtracking and saying the opposite.[/QUOTE]

Blossom, I'm obviously being thick, help a girl out here, and explain what I'm missing :oops: :p

Is beauty bits annoyed that NSI told her the Gellux lamp would work and now they're saying it won't?

Yes that's my understanding of it :)

Beauty girl doesn't say in her initial post what that was in response to tho so a bit confused there lol

It is all on Facebook. It's just that I bought all their products and lamp instead of a different lamp because I thought you needed to use the lamp for the system. NSI have made it clear that this isn't the case. I 'could' use a different lamp but I already have an NSI lamp. Not sure on differences in price are. I know I wouldn't be able to use CND with the NSI lamp and vice versa. It's what everyone drills into you on this site hence I went for it but it's just not very fair at all really. How do I know what to believe
regarding lamps now x

Latest posts

Back