NSS salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to go back and edit this statement because it is misleading and absolutely NOT true.

As an CND Ambassador who has been working closely with this particular sector of the nail community for over a year, I can tell you as a FACT that they do not all use MMA in their salons. They might use liquid and powder which are cheap and smell different, but they are not all MMA. MMA is pretty hard to actually get hold off.

In fact, according to Geeg, the only true way of knowing if they are using MMA is to have a substantial sample of the liquid and send it to the labs to be tested. It is impossible for any of us to determine otherwise however clever we may think we are.

I've recently read about the work you and CND are doing in educating ALL nail techs. Finally, someone is doing something besides complaining. Thank you! :)

I wonder If CND has a similar education program in the U.S.?

You might want to go back and edit this statement because it is misleading and absolutely NOT true.

As an CND Ambassador who has been working closely with this particular sector of the nail community for over a year, I can tell you as a FACT that they do not all use MMA in their salons. They might use liquid and powder which are cheap and smell different, but they are not all MMA. MMA is pretty hard to actually get hold off.

In fact, according to Geeg, the only true way of knowing if they are using MMA is to have a substantial sample of the liquid and send it to the labs to be tested. It is impossible for any of us to determine otherwise however clever we may think we are.

thank you for clearing that, however Im not changing my mind about taking ANY gel/acrylic off nails before I carry on any jobs...in my opinion its easier in a long run , ;) x

Good luck to you, OP! Everything I would've said has already been said. :lol: Hopefully you do a great job, and you'll gain another client for yourself. Don't ever be scared to take on a client coming from somewhere else.

I think its because I don't do Acrylics so that was worrying me. I'll just see what happens when I get there. I'm also not convinced she will accept my explaination about the nails she slready has. X

So it took me almost an hour to convince her she had acrylics but she believed me eventually! I did a rebalance and managed to convince her to have them removed and regular manicures to regain some strength in her nails. She bought some solar oil and is going to use that too. She has re-booked and seemed happy with my advise! Happy days! Thanks everyone! X

So it took me almost an hour to convince her she had acrylics but she believed me eventually! I did a rebalance and managed to convince her to have them removed and regular manicures to regain some strength in her nails. She bought some solar oil and is going to use that too. She has re-booked and seemed happy with my advise! Happy days! Thanks everyone! X

May I ask why are you going to remove them? If her nails are indeed damaged (often the case when clients have been to discount salons) her nails are going to be so flimsy and even sore/sensitive. I would be inclined to keep infilling them now that they have been rebalanced... at least for a few months. That way you know that her natural nail is growing underneath nice and strong (providing you aren't damaging it at Infill appointments) and if/when you remove the enhancement they will be healthy enough to not rip apart if she catches one. Sensitive nails are not nice and I would alway opt for having a "layer of protection" to reduce that sensitivity.

xx

She wanted to do it herself, she kept talking about soaking them off before I see her again. I advised her not to and to let me do it, I told her that her nails may be sensitive and sore but thought its better for me to do it properly than her try herself. I'm not seeing her till feb and judging by her regrowth after 3 weeks I think there will be very little left after trimming anyway. Her nails must grow at superspeed!

Latest posts

Back