Ntural nails going yellow!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ALEX

For the past three months I have had a lady come every Friday for a file and French polish. This has been going well and she has been happy with the treatment. However when I removed her old polish on Friday all her nails were looking very yellow. She commented on it and said they have gone gradually worse since I have been doing her nails. This has worried me as I don't want to be turning her natural nails yellow. I always use a natural nail base coat and all my products are professional products. Any ideas guys????

Hi Alex,
You say that you always use a base coat, So its not that. Some people's nails when varnished regularly can yellow slightly, Its the varnish that can cause it. I have found that if you add some fresh lemon juice to warm water and soak the nails for about 15mins, This will get rid of the yellowing.
Hths

ALEX said:
For the past three months I have had a lady come every Friday for a file and French polish. This has been going well and she has been happy with the treatment. However when I removed her old polish on Friday all her nails were looking very yellow. She commented on it and said they have gone gradually worse since I have been doing her nails. This has worried me as I don't want to be turning her natural nails yellow. I always use a natural nail base coat and all my products are professional products. Any ideas guys????
Hiya,

GMG is looking into this for me as i have had a bit of a problem with yellowing nails (not a big one)

As soon as GMG finds anything out i'm sure he will let us know.

Out of intrest, what products are you using?

Amanda

I have had this in the past and despite using a good base coat, it doesn't seem to make alot of difference. My mum always paints her nails and uses base coat but her nails go yellow. I wondered if the fact that no natural light ever gets to the nails had anything to do with it as if my mum went without polish for a couple of weeks or so the yellowing started to go?

What does anyone else think?

may just be,
i know this sounds really daft and i am going to get laughed at :lol:
but when i was in the navy i descided to go to the submarine museim(sp?)
any how i was shown around by an elderly guy who worked on subs during the years when the sub dived for months without surficing his skin was quite yellow (his eyes wern't so not jaundice) he said that all sailors from that time had yellowish skin because of the lack of sunlight.................
my mates hubby who is a submariner confirmed this (his isnt yellow but they dont dive for that long any more)
so there we go
might be wrong but hey any excuse for a sea ditty :wink2:

Thanks for advice so far. Its nice to know im not the only one this has happend to. I always use OPI or Creative polishes. Occasionally I may use the OPI base coat then use a Creative colour do you think this could be part of the problem?

Thanks for that Jo, that could be a possiblity because those nails have had no light on them for a while now!

men often have yellow tonails (urgh - sorry peeps if i'm putting you off your dinner) but i always thought that was because their feet don't see sunlight from one year to the next, so much the same as joanne's submariners!

Tickled Pink! said:
joanne's submariners!
ohhhhhhhh i wish :twisted: lol

joannerowsell said:
ohhhhhhhh i wish :twisted: lol

in your dreams then....roll on sunday for the corrie/heartbeat ads! :D

youve got nooky on the brain girl :Kissing: :lick: :Grope:
he is home thursday.........good telly on a thursday though(kerry gets killed on the bill)
will have to wait till friday (rosemary and thyme)
are well inbetween the ads again :wink2:

if the yellowing lightly buffs off, then it is staining (most likely from the dye and/or pigment in colour).
I wouldnt worry about the nails being covered- hence the yellowing. Its not really applicable here.

Try 2 layers of base coat and use acetone to remove.

Good luck ;)

Latest posts

Back