Nuisance calls driving me crazy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashi

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm currently working self-employed within a hairdressers and renting a room. Naturally my number that i use for my business can easily be found on the internet...since i've started here i've been in undated with calls from various companies, mainly about the electricity for the building (which i have nothing to do with!) to the point where i was receiving over 5 calls a day! which as you can undertsand is really frustrating when i'm trying to run a business with this number. So i've been very straight to the point with them and told them to pleaseee take me off your database. which seems to work for a few days then they start again! I've started to only answer if its either a local number to my area or a mobile.

I had a call today from a number not in my area (was from scotland and i'm in portsmouth) and i wasn't busy so decided to answer it..heard a lot of commotion in the back and then a mans voice so immediately assumed it was a call centre. Asked me if i currently take cards, i replied 'yes only over £10' then he started to say something about hsbc so i cut in straight away and said 'sorry who is this?' i sounded a bit short :rolleyes: and he replied 'well its a potential customer, my wife wants to know if she can pay by card' naturally i perked up a bit and said 'of course thats fine' and he said that she'll be in touch.
Needless to say i was quite embarrassed. So i just feel totally at the end of my tether with all these cold calls :-( i've blocked quite a few numbers, but they always seem to call back with a different number.
If anyone was any advice that would be great, i heard something recently about clamping down on these sorts of calls so maybe it will get better.

Register with TPS, its free and makes it illegal for call centres to cold call you.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/mobile/index.html

My mobile went from ringing 10 times a day with sales call to now maybe once every 2 months from someone who has google searched me. I get their name & number and report it on the site!

If I want something il look for it.

If they can find my number online so can a client I don't need their help advertising.

I don't get the phone book and call everyone, see if they want a tan or nails done. It is no different to what they do! 😤

Xx

I have the exact same problem hun! I started renting a space in a hair salon in the new year and I've lost count of the amount of calls I had trying to sell me something. As well as the dodgy 'offshore' call centres offering me websites (which really get my goat as you cant even hear what they are saying half the time) I have been told I'm now responsible for the salons electric about 11 times. I've been offered advertising in about 6 magazines and get called about marketing at least once a day!

It does my head in! I have an IPhone so I block the number as soon as I hang up, but think call centres get round it as they must have several different numbers. I will try that blocking service as it takes up so much of my day :grr:

Michelle xx

Thank you guys! Yeah it's so annoying, I'll give that a go and see what comes of it. I wouldn't mind but the actual hair salon don't get any of these calls, why do i lol!?.

Latest posts

Back