Nuisance sales calls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Male Storme

Reaction score
We get nuisance sales calls on a daily basis.

You can usually tell who they are by their first question "Can I speak to the owner", "Can I speak to the new business owner" etc.

I have now started to use something a friend recommended.

I say "The owner passed away yesterday" And then start crying. And they just hang up. It works a treat lol

Thats all well and good but what if its someone wanting to complain to the manager or see about a job? That wouldn't be very professional and I doubt that any prospective workers would want to work with someone so unprofessional!

Leanne
X

That's hilarious. It's definitely a new way of handling sales calls.

As someone who previously made sales calls, I think the best way to handle it is to say "No thank you - I'm not interested" and hang up. Sales people don't want to have their time wasted if the person they are calling isn't interested. This is a polite but firm way to handle it.

You can tell a nuisance sales call a mile off.

First is the 08 code, or the way out of your area dial code on caller display, along with tone of voice and the same opening question.

They never ask for the manager, always The owner. The proprietor, The new owner etc.

If you have a business premises, with a land line number not mobile, you will know what I am on about, and when you are getting up to 10 a day, sometimes more if your Electricity, Gas or Phone have just come up for contract renewal, you will appreciate how annoying they are, and while you are fending these off, real customers cannot get through.

For a business they are worse than junk email, at least you can direct that to a junk folder and delete it without even having to read it.

They are annoying!

There is a free government service TPS which takes 5 mins to fill out an online form-within 28 days it becomes illegal for them to cold call u!
its fab, really does save u loads of time when u could be speaking to real clients!

can not recommend it enough! xx

They are annoying!

There is a free government service TPS which takes 5 mins to fill out an online form-within 28 days it becomes illegal for them to cold call u!
its fab, really does save u loads of time when u could be speaking to real clients!

can not recommend it enough! xx

I have done this and it works a treat, we still have the odd one or two but mention the TPS to them and they hang up on you lol.
I really do recommend using this service x

Latest posts

Back