NVQ 2 beauty-skin, best accredited provider in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorena Nastase

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I would like to enrol to an NVQ 2 course in Beauty-skin, and there is so much confusion about which provider to take, as you can find a lot of information on the internet that can sometimes misguide you better than help you.

I would greatly appreciate an advise regarding this issue. Which is the best accredited college in London for a beauty NVQ2 ? and I am not talking about a month type of "courses" .

Any advice/info will be kindly appreciate it . Thank you!

First thing to do is check the course is vtct or city and guilds or itec. Don't let anyone fob you off with saying something else is equivalent when it probably isn't.

Phone and or email places. The way in which they reply can be quite telling. Look at the attendance and compare prices. This can help as can finding places that are happy to have you visit the school (you don't want to go somewhere that makes you feel that every single second of their time must be paid for in this regard).

Hope this helps and good luck :)

thank you , LauraKate, my main problem is regarding accreditation as I am not a British citizen, and, as I said earlier, the information on the internet can misguide you sometimes :(

How much time do you have to take the course? Because it may be possible to enroll at a mainstream college for a fee, rather than a private provider. Yes it's definitely very confusing.

thank you , LauraKate, my main problem is regarding accreditation as I am not a British citizen, and, as I said earlier, the information on the internet can misguide you sometimes :(

As long as the course is awarded by one of the examining boards i mention you'll be ok.

How much time do you have to take the course? Because it may be possible to enroll at a mainstream college for a fee, rather than a private provider. Yes it's definitely very confusing.
I am thinking about taking a proper course, if not for a full time year, for at least 6 months, as I don t believe you can be a professional in a 2,3, 10 days course, unless you are a real genius :) .

Do you know by any chance, or recommend a good collage provider for this NVQ 2 ? Thank you Pamie :)

That's good, yes you'll get a lot of experience that way. I'll have a look for your nearest colleges, where are you in London?

That's good, yes you'll get a lot of experience that way. I'll have a look for your nearest colleges, where are you in London?

you are far too kind, Pamie ! College of North west London is near me . they have a Diploma in Beauty Therapy (QCF): Level 2, it is the same as an NVQ? or considered as being on the same level? here is where i am getting myself very lost .... :((( thank you so much once again for answering me

Yes that's the one! As Laurakate says it is the awarding body (exam board) you need to look at, and the level. In this case it is VTCT (Vocational Training Charitable Trust) at level 2. There is also a VTCT course at level 3, which you can do later if you want to do more treatments or increase your employment prospects. If you have any questions just post them here, someone will be sure to know :)

Latest posts

Back