NVQ 2 in Beauty Therapy - Should I or shouldn't I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail_316

Reaction score
Hi All
I have just completed the L&P part of my CND Foundation Plus Course and have the mani and pedi bit to do in the next 2 months. Needless to say I love it :green: and with the economic climate how it is at the moment it has got me thinking about my career and more importantly my life in general :confused:
So I am thinking about doing a NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy so I could work as a beauty therapist as well as offering CND nails.
The course will start in September and will be 2 nights a week as I work full time. It costs approx £1400 - £1500.

My questions are - Is it a good course to do and has anyone done an NVQ around a full time job and how difficult is it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys :green:
Gail
x

I am currently studying NVQ2 beauty therapy at college 1 night a week for 2 years, so far its not too bad but you gotta put in the practice and a lot of theory at home.

I work full time, have a 2 year old and study, i know someone that is doing 2 courses and works full time and she really enjoys it.

I would look into your local colleges to see what they offer as the price you have given seems a bit steep. My college is about £900 for 2 years, uniform and kit as well.

The way I am seeing it is in a couple of years once I have completed the recession would have ended hopefully.

Good luck in your choices

Vic

I think the hardest part of it is the course work, there are quite a few assingments. You need to allow yourself enough time for this as well as revision for tests. I worked my course around my little boy who has tons of homework and is quite needy as he is an only child. If I can do it babe then you sure can. Go for it I say, you have nothing to lose and a year will go soooooo quick. Good luck chick & if you need any help we're always here :) xxx

Thanks for your helpful words girls, means a lot :)

I have a part time job and two kids under 2 1/2 and run my beauty salon at home in the evenings and weekends AND go to college where i am completing a NVQ2 nail services.

It can certainly be done in terms of juggling college and other commitments and to be honest I think the only thing you need in order to be succesful at it is basically an interest in your subject matter!

I have seen quite a few women drop out of my course because their heart is just not in yet. There are also a few women who find it very hardgoing having been out of education for a long time and some struggling with minor learning difficulties BUT these ladies have a passion for nails and they will complete the course because they want to.

Another reason to do it is simply because its so much fun. I never went to college after leaving school so it was totally new to me but i love it so much im planning on what to do next when i finish!
It is wonderful to be learning something new and also meeting new people. With my kids and job all very demanding college is my time just for me, all for myself, on my own etc etc! 3 hours for me each week is a godsend.

Anyway im rambling....but do it, you'll love it!
x

I have a part time job and two kids under 2 1/2 and run my beauty salon at home in the evenings and weekends AND go to college where i am completing a NVQ2 nail services.

It can certainly be done in terms of juggling college and other commitments and to be honest I think the only thing you need in order to be succesful at it is basically an interest in your subject matter!

I have seen quite a few women drop out of my course because their heart is just not in yet. There are also a few women who find it very hardgoing having been out of education for a long time and some struggling with minor learning difficulties BUT these ladies have a passion for nails and they will complete the course because they want to.

Another reason to do it is simply because its so much fun. I never went to college after leaving school so it was totally new to me but i love it so much im planning on what to do next when i finish!
It is wonderful to be learning something new and also meeting new people. With my kids and job all very demanding college is my time just for me, all for myself, on my own etc etc! 3 hours for me each week is a godsend.

Anyway im rambling....but do it, you'll love it!
x

Agree with you there hun, you need to be interested in what you are doing! Its the most important part in making you suceed. I loved level 2 so much that I had finished all my assessments 3 months early. I have since quit level 3 as i realised i am not interested in the electrical side and am moving on to do the holistic treatments.
So great advice!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back