NVQ employabilty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.R

Reaction score
ok, so I'm due to start my level 2 in a salon this week (will be doing level 3 after) and I know it's early days, but, although I will essentially be qualified after, I'm aware that the vast majority of salons require 2/3 years experience.....my worry is that I will not be able to secure a position anywhere without having the experience,and, that even on a voluntary basis this will prove to be very difficult where I live. Going mobile isn't something I want to do as I want to learn from others and actually work in a Salon to get as much experience as I can........it just seems to be, going from the threads I've searched, a very difficult process in securing a position within a salon even with a level 2 and 3 without the experience.......am I panicking over nothing or is this something of a regular occurrence with newly qualifieds?

Yes, it's tough out there but if you've got a salon placement for your studies, you're already at an advantage over the students that are only training via the college salon, in terms of experience.

Getting anxious about future employment prospects before you've even started is negative and unproductive.

Give yourself a kick up the bum, stick your positive head on and decide that you will find a job when you've completed your studies and put the effort into learning as much as you can.

If possible, take yourself off to Salon International next Monday and get seriously motivated. http://www.salonexhibitions.co.uk

Thanks for the reply AcidPerm, yes is true that worrying is counterproductive,so I'm going to give myself a swift kick in the bottom and just focus on getting my teeth into my studies and enjoying it! PMA all the way! Xx

Latest posts

Back