NVQ level 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma26

Reaction score
hi there i was just wondering if i went straight onto doing the nvq level2 hairdressing would i be out of my depth? as i have not done the nvq level1 and also what i would be missing if i didnt do level 1 ? thank you for any replies xx

I think now they do level 2 over 2 years instead of doing level 1 and 2 don't they? might be wrong... but if it is like that then its the same so you'd be fine! xxx

Helloo ,,ive done my lev 1 and its just basic things like health and safety shampooing ,gowning the client properly and assisting.it is really easy,,, but for me when i had to wash a clients hair for the first time i got water all down her back and face lol ,,,but with practice i got better.lev 1 just prepaird me for lev 2 so nothing was too hard. and i had some basic skills.but if you have alredy worked in a salon or can pick things up easily i would just do lev 2. xxxxxxx :hug:

Thanx guys i have decided to do the level 2 but it is only for 1 year i am very nervous though tomorrow is my first day lol wish me luck i think i will need it x:)

good luck. im sure you will be fine:)

when i did level 2 it was over 1 year too and there were plenty folk who hadnt done level 1. might take a few weeks to get into it naturally but honestly in a few months you'll wonder what all the fuss was about! enjoy your course!!

Hiya,

I'm about to begin my 2nd yr L2 at evening college on 21st Sept as well as my barbering too :eek:. I did my 1st yr L2 as an apprentice, so it's going to be a whole lot different this time around! My original course was two yrs but I gues it included the level 1 as all I'm officially trained to do at the moment with my little qual is manage a front desk (which i can do anyway with my eyes shut and hands tied behind my back!).

Good luck with it all, once you get into it you'll wonder what you ever worried about :hug:

Latest posts

Back