NVQ or VTCT?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry ignore me I think I'm muddling up VCTC with VRQ's :-/ lol x

A VRQ is a qualification, similar to an NVQ....

VTCT is one of the awarding bodies which awards qualifications....they may award NVQs as well as VRQs...

A VRQ is a qualification, similar to an NVQ....

VTCT is one of the awarding bodies which awards qualifications....they may award NVQs as well as VRQs...

So NVQ and VRQ'S are similar and then you get diplomas which are different?

So NVQ and VRQ'S are similar and then you get diplomas are short courses and they are different to the NVQS and VRQs is that right?

Thanks for all the info x

Right I went to the college today and think I get this which i think has been explained here but let me try explain and see if I am right...

A VRQ diploma and an NVQ is the same course in terms of things you learn the only difference is..

VRQ diploma is a college based course, you do all your learning in college and maybe a college salon, models and sometimes a 5 day work experience in a salon.

NVQs are work based, so you need to be employed in a salon as an apprentice, u work so many days in the salon and u go to college 1 or 2 days a week for learning.

An NVQ level 2 and VRQ level 2 diploma are the same qualification, u could do 1 of them on level 2 and qualify for a level 3 on the other.

VTCT is the name of the awarding body, like city and guilds or OCR.

Both qualifications are recognised (NVQ and VRQ diploma). NVQs are meant to be better as you have more salon experience.

Hope that is right otherwise I am confused! Lol :)

Right I went to the college today and think I get this which i think has been explained here but let me try explain and see if I am right...

A VRQ diploma and an NVQ is the same course in terms of things you learn the only difference is..

VRQ diploma is a college based course, you do all your learning in college and maybe a college salon, models and sometimes a 5 day work experience in a salon.

NVQs are work based, so you need to be employed in a salon as an apprentice, u work so many days in the salon and u go to college 1 or 2 days a week for learning.

An NVQ level 2 and VRQ level 2 diploma are the same qualification, u could do 1 of them on level 2 and qualify for a level 3 on the other.

VTCT is the name of the awarding body, like city and guilds or OCR.

Both qualifications are recognised (NVQ and VRQ diploma). NVQs are meant to be better as you have more salon experience.

Hope that is right otherwise I am confused! Lol :)

HOOOORAY!!!!!!!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!

Sounds good to me!!!!

Regarding diplomas as asked by someone else, I'm not entirely unto speed on the new diplomas so someone else may help you out more, but I BELIEVE you can start studying a beauty diploma from age 14 in some areas...generally those who are not typically "academically" achieving may only study 5 GCSEs, and go to college on day release to learn something more practical as well. I believe this is where the diplomas come in... I'm not sure if this qualification would hold much weight in industry and I think you need to continue past school age, possibly completing the NVQ or VRQ as well........

But geeks if I'm wrong please correct me, I've been qualified a few years and diplomas are all new to me!

So it worth to get one level up to NVQ, I will look into it. They are all easy, I am not just interested in other area in beauty rather than facial skin, as I have other qualification (Phd in business) !! thank you for your advice :)

They are all easy?????? I'd like you to tell me that after you've completed your course, IF you're going to enrol on a decent course with decent standards that is. Anatomy, physiology, product knowledge, and above all TECHNIQUE are all very important. A phd in business will not help you give a wonderfully relaxing facial that achieves the results a client is after.

I have taught plenty of doctors over the years, nurses as well. They know more than me about the body, contraindications, procedures etc...they are all well educated people. But most of them couldn't give a relaxing facial massage if their life depended on it. (Not all of them, do t want to be slated by all the nurses turned therapists!). Academic skill is only half the battle in beauty, and, with respect, your potential clients couldn't give two hoots about your phd in business. They will care about your knowledge of their skin, and your hands on technique.

Just something to bear in mind when you state that all beauty courses are "easy"......

So it worth to get one level up to NVQ, I will look into it. They are all easy, I am not just interested in other area in beauty rather than facial skin, as I have other qualification (Phd in business) !! thank you for your advice :)

I can categorically say... NVQ2 Beauty Therapy was NOT easy! The A&P for starters is more in depth than what most nurses study, the techniques, the contraindication and contra-actions are most deffo not easy.

I didn't say I am using my business background in this industry, but this is not going ot be more difficult ... I had diploma in science, so I found A&P easy. But I understand what you mean there are lot of practics envolved in beauty industry and still is hard work, and experience is very importand. Thank you for your advice.

Latest posts

Back