O MY GOD... They just fell off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere ( I can't remember where :oops: ), I found a list of the top 10 reasons clients give you why their nails "just fall off". I found it to be rather funny, so I put it in a picture frame and hung it in the salon. Amazingly enough, the excuses I was getting seemed to dwindle ...lol

thats a really cool idea Georgia, why don`t you share it with us

I will post it as soon as I return from Salt Lake City. I am going for my Masters!.... Excited... and nervous....lol I should be returning teusday evening....

Good luck with your masters

with your masters georgie

:D

Good luck Georgie

love Ruth xxx

GOOD LUCK GEORGIE , I AM SURE YOU WILL DO FAB. I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR YOU LET US KNOW HOW YOU GOT ON WOULD LOVE TO KNOW, BUT HEY EVERYONE SAYS I AM NOSIEY........
WELL DO YOU BLAME ME I GET IT ALL FROM MY MOTHER :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ............ YOU SHOULD TRY LIVING WITH HER (LOVE YA LOTS REALLY MUMMY).........

My worst case of nails falling off was when i very first started and then they relise that "you cant kid a kidder" as they say as i have been a nail biter as long as i can remember and since doing nails i dont get the urge to anymore, so all the excuses they tell me i remember well as i once upon a time was telling the same ones to my very own mother and she can spot anything a mile off....................... Shes just like that 'never wants to miss a trick, even a small one' ..........

love faye xxxxxxx (honestly mummy i do love u)................

so glad everyone seems to have the same prob thankyou for all the good advice it really helps ,one ? what does it mean to BASE a nail?am i thick or what!!!
Dianaxxx

hi ya where did you read or hear that "BASE A NAIL"

love faye x

I usually put my sweeeetest smile on :twisted: and say "And of course you didn't help them in any way, now did you?". I sure would like to compare the answers I have had with your list one day!! Hope you get around to posting it!!

If the nail has fallen off - surely they are talking about a nail coming off in one whole piece which would more likely mean medication that is being taken

Does anyone know where i can locate a list of medication know to have an adverse effect on enhancements.

I have a client who always loses a whole nail at a time - i didn't even consider it may be a medication she is taking ( i know she is on anti-depressants) - I was putting it down to her cat-fighting ( :rolleyes: seriously :rolleyes: ).

I had a client in not long ago for a repair and she claimed the nail had 'just fallen off' :shock: and she said she only noticed it when she was moisturising her cuticles the night before. Her nail had actually torn quite low down on the nail bed and the nail plate was tatty where it had obviously been picked off. :evil: I'm damn sure I'd have noticed my nail falling off in such a bizarre way! After a bit of interrogation she admitted she may have 'sub-conciously' picked it off without realising. :rolleyes:

Give me strength!!

Fab idea from Mrs Geek - I'm definately going to ask to see the nail that fell off in future!

Alrighty.... lol here it is.. the top ten list. I finally remembered where I had seen it... in the articles section at beautytech.com

The Top Ten Reasons nail enhancements "Just Pop Off"

As posted to the NailTech Mailing List:

10. "I was just cleaning out from around the [choose one: toilet, sink, wheels on my son's roller blades,
9. "I was just pushing the button on my [choose one: cell phone, remote car key, VCR/TV/Stereo remote, pager, microwave]
8. "I was just putting on my [choose one: panty hose, swim suit, ski boots."
7. "I was just [choose one: peeling a shrimp, eating a stone crab claw shucking an oyster, prying that last bite out of the lobster tail."]
6. "Those diaper pull tabs are stronger than they look!"
5. "My nail got stuck in my luggage."
4. "I was just putting some laundry in the dryer."
3. "I was just putting the dishes away and opened the kitchen drawer."
2. "I opened a can of [beverage of choice]."

And the number 1 reason Nail Enhancements "Just Pop Off" is

1. "I thought my car door was unlocked, but it wasn't.

It was a fabulous 2 days! AND.. I learned TONS! I am sooo pumped! I loved every minute of it... and I have lots of new ideas for the salon.
Oh yes.... btw Sam.... Sue Milne ( our instructor) said to tell you hello. She said you taught her boot camp.) She was awesome, and ohhh so fun! There were a few others in the class that said they remembered you from when you taught at Peerless. and no.... they didn't tell any "sam stories".... darn it....lol... However, they did all leave with your website addy ;)

I love that Georgia, its so appropriate.
Glad you have a great time with your masters, I`ll get there one day myself , I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back