Odorless nail polish - non light cured

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitsyProspect

Reaction score
I am looking for a low odor or odorless nail polish that is not light cured. I am mobile and often have requests to go to hospitals, long term care homes and palliative care wards. Over the last 2 years, no one has ever commented or restricted me from using regular polish. I make sure ALL of the products that I bring to these locations are strictly scent free and I do have a product line that I have set aside for people with scent allergies.
However, on my last visit one of the nurses would not allow me to use nail polish even though I checked with everyone else in the room that it would be okay as I always do. All but one of the nurses were thrilled that I would come to do a professional manicure for a patient... except one! She made me feel like a terrible person and made my client cry (she was medicated). I had to return on another day, sneaky like a rebel to paint yellow roses on my client's nails as she has a passion for them. One of the other nurses called my cell to tell me the coast was clear to bring my nail polish in!
I visited and phoned every salon and supplier in town to find a suitable alternative. I purchased 4 bottles of a water based polish called "Suncoat Girl" that is a children's nail polish that takes forever to dry and peels right off. It was unusable. I then went online and did a bit of research. I purchased 4 colours of SpaRitual online so I wasn't able to do a sniff-test. It was not available anywhere locally as we are very limited here. It is supposed to be vegan, 5 free and low odor but really, it smells the same as any other polish. Very nice colours and consistency but I cannot add it to my scent free product line.
Shellac or gel is just not an option.
Can anyone recommend a nail polish brand that does not have an odor? There must be something out there!

it's the solvents in polish that are causing the smell , you can't have a polish with the solvents so I don't think what your looking for exists .

you could always use acrylic paints for nail art and seal it with a regular top coat to minimise the odour.

or use nail wraps like Minx , which would be odour free but obviously more expensive than polish.

There are water based polishes out there... but only available online. I just don't want to end up buying a terrible product. I was hoping someone may have used one and have some feedback.
Acrylic art paint does work though. I'm quite impressed with it actually.

I use GelMoment which is a one coat polish that is 5 free so odorless but needs 60 seconds using led, they do a portable lamp that you can use with a powerbank if that's any good. They use remover packets which do have some odor but not strong like acetone carolynsnails.gelmoment.com is where I get mine
I am looking for a low odor or odorless nail polish that is not light cured. I am mobile and often have requests to go to hospitals, long term care homes and palliative care wards. Over the last 2 years, no one has ever commented or restricted me from using regular polish. I make sure ALL of the products that I bring to these locations are strictly scent free and I do have a product line that I have set aside for people with scent allergies.
However, on my last visit one of the nurses would not allow me to use nail polish even though I checked with everyone else in the room that it would be okay as I always do. All but one of the nurses were thrilled that I would come to do a professional manicure for a patient... except one! She made me feel like a terrible person and made my client cry (she was medicated). I had to return on another day, sneaky like a rebel to paint yellow roses on my client's nails as she has a passion for them. One of the other nurses called my cell to tell me the coast was clear to bring my nail polish in!
I visited and phoned every salon and supplier in town to find a suitable alternative. I purchased 4 bottles of a water based polish called "Suncoat Girl" that is a children's nail polish that takes forever to dry and peels right off. It was unusable. I then went online and did a bit of research. I purchased 4 colours of SpaRitual online so I wasn't able to do a sniff-test. It was not available anywhere locally as we are very limited here. It is supposed to be vegan, 5 free and low odor but really, it smells the same as any other polish. Very nice colours and consistency but I cannot add it to my scent free product line.
Shellac or gel is just not an option.
Can anyone recommend a nail polish brand that does not have an odor? There must be something out there!

Latest posts

Back