Off the shelf skincare for practice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salzgirlie

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

We have mastered the art of facials at college and I am currently looking into what skincare to use when I am mobile (from next July) but wondered if anyone could recommend a range to practice with??

Just a decent cleanser / toner / exfoliator / moisturiser even some masks that I could get from Boots or Superdrug or a supermarket.

Cheers

I'm not sure how much you're hoping to spend but the benefit skin care range is fantastic. I've been using it on my own skin for just a few weeks and the difference is massive ALREADY :D They have cleansers, toners, moisturizers, exfoliator, eye cream, etc...

When I was training I picked up a skin truths kit from my local sallys, it had cleanser, toner, moisturiser and a mask, wasn't expensive at all and came in a little bag, I found it great for practicing, enjoy ur course! I loved everyday of mine :)

I use rituals - great products and smell great! :p

I used the skin truth pack from Sally's as well,
They were perfect to train with.

Kim x

Strictly professional from Sally's, they have a wee pack with cleanser toner and moisturiser, were cheaper than the skin truth pack and felt nice on my skin :) x

Thanks everyone!

Just after I posted this I went onto Sallys (Salon Services) with my trade card and found the skin truth range. It is exactly what I am looking for . . and I cannot believe the price!

I am loving every minute of it. So glad I made the decision to re-train.

Thanks again xx

Hmm, perhaps we should bring out a student range!

That's not a bad idea.... Look at all the acne covered greasy skinned clogged up pores of UNI students! ;)

Ha!
We're in talks with the beauty departments of colleges to supply them. The hope is that then the students will become as familiar with SwissDermyl as they are with dermalogica et al, and then go on to use them in their own salons.

That would be an amazing idea Lynne! I am going to be using Swiss Dermal when I am qualified as I loved all your samples and range (and the customer service isn't too bad either . . .lol). I am just not in a position to place a big order at the moment just to practice with.

Can I be first on your list for the info if you do?? ... lol xx

You do know that you can order retail sizes to play with, don't you?!

Latest posts

Back