Offering an additional gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to throw my vote in for Polish Pro.

I've used it for over 2 years now and it works great and all my clients love the color range (I have all the colors incl the Accessory line)

I have clients getting 4 weeks out of a PP service, the only problem after this time is the horrible re-growth.
NSI also have Endure, this is a soak off gel that is used to smooth out the nail and strengthen the nail and it is working wonders with my clients and extending their service times by weeks.

Any problems that I have ever heard or seen that techs complain about when using PP is caused due to their own wrong doings, not due to PP.

I currently use shellac and do like it but it is pricey so I'm thinking of also using Polish Pro. Is the endure gel like Brisa Lite for weak nails? Can you extend with tips with it? How easy is Polish Pro to soak off?

Two salons in my town also offer shellac and I offer opi gelcolor as well, I do far more opi now. Also I find it lasts longer on certain clients than shellac. Why would a client want to pay extra for the smoothing gel with shellac just to make it last longer when opi does anyway? Not saying anything bad about it as I have it and do use it for ridged nails etc

I am booking my course on tues for opi gel color.

I am planning on charging quite abit more for opi gel color than I do shellac but offering the opi as a more luxury service with a manicure.

I charge £14 ( I know!! ) for shellac one colour then more for glitters and art (up to £19).

I wanted to charge £24 for opi with a more luxury feel with a full manicure.

How does this sound? Too much of a price difference?
I want to offer also as my shellac is far to cheap but don't want to hike up the price now a salon has opened so am trying to find a solution.

I am booking my course on tues for opi gel color.

I am planning on charging quite abit more for opi gel color than I do shellac but offering the opi as a more luxury service with a manicure.

I charge £14 ( I know!! ) for shellac one colour then more for glitters and art (up to £19).

I wanted to charge £24 for opi with a more luxury feel with a full manicure.

How does this sound? Too much of a price difference?
I want to offer also as my shellac is far to cheap but don't want to hike up the price now a salon has opened so am trying to find a solution.

Yey you won't regret it. Your shellac price is far too cheap! I charge £22 for both but I take an hour to do them as I am really slow at painting. You may just find that people book for shellac as its so much cheaper. I think opi is cheaper to buy than shellac? X

Yes I made the mistake of starting cheap and establishing a client base now I can't rise them due to competition :(
Introducing opi seems the best solution. Also I will most definitely be raising my shellac prices next year so the opi may grow next year :)

I offer Shellac, Gelish and OPI Gelcolor. I have clients who want a broad range of colors and I can give them that by offering different brands. The nice thing about Gelcolor is that it has matching nail polish to match. Some clients like this feature so they can purchase the matching color for their toes.

Sent from my Xoom using SalonGeek

I offer Shellac, Gelish and OPI Gelcolor. I have clients who want a broad range of colors and I can give them that by offering different brands. The nice thing about Gelcolor is that it has matching nail polish to match. Some clients like this feature so they can purchase the matching color for their toes.

Sent from my Xoom using SalonGeek

Yes I love the idea of matching the polish.

Can I ask how much you charge for each range?

Also do you advise them as different strengths? As in gelish the strongest?

I don't really tell clients that one product is stronger than another but what I do tell them is if they find that product A isn't suitable there is always other options and not to dismiss any other alternatives.

i.e. if Shellac isn't suitable for whatever reason, then ACG may be or vice versa and that it does have a lot to do with their natural nails, their aftercare (or lack of) or how hardwearing they are with their hands.

So excited, just got my opi top, base and apple red to have a play with before my course.
I shouldn't be this excited about a polish!!

I say OPI Gelcolor all the way, I recommend my clients to consider buying the matching nail varnish not only for toes but also in case they do chip a nail to help them till they can get back to me - very useful for holidays etc.

Gels are still fairly new and giving clients the comfort of a well know brand like OPI can often put them at their ease and encourage them to give gel a try....:lol:

Wow big apple red in my nails! *love*

Yes I made the mistake of starting cheap and establishing a client base now I can't rise them due to competition :(
Introducing opi seems the best solution. Also I will most definitely be raising my shellac prices next year so the opi may grow next year :)

I'm mobile, and i'm a CND-girl "only". Coming from the IT-Security sector, i learned the importance of branding and marketing.
AS for now, i offer Shellac with one hand (for free) Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel, explaining all the advantages to the clients. I charge 25€ for Shellac. By the end of May, i will stop offering Shellac and switch 100% to Power Shellac for 30€, clients will here a story that i chose for this power Shellac due to experience in the past. And that will be it :lick:
I will create a larger profit and more free slots, as all clients will do longer with their Shellac.
Today, i don't charge extra for normal nailart when it's only on 1 accentfinger/hand. That will change after i do my master Painter class tommorrow :twisted:

Being cheap is a hunge mistake we make so easily... And by offering 1 brand only (any decent brand!) you stand by your products and services, convincing every clients that you know what you're doing and strongly believe in your chosen brand. Do you think clients want an endless choice? I think clients want guidance, they want to trust your professional advice, so my choice was really simple.
I'm very convinced that every client can find their favorite color in my product range, even neon colors.... i do not want to get as quickly as possible a large client base (started only last year in oct/nov.), i need those client who chose for the comfort of a quality service at their own home instead of 'the cheapest nails'.
At the end of this year, i will overlook the situation, but till now, i'm doing allright.

Latest posts

Back