Offering multiple nail brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
Hi guys, do you offer more than one nail brand? At the moment I have orly, china glaze & OPI normal polish and I have CND, Gelish & Entity soak off polishes. I have done the Entity training but its not well enough known and Gelish seems to have far too much problems with it so I've decided to go with CND as it seems far superior to everything else. I'm also changing from Kooky to Minx.
I want to go with one brand and stick with it as there are too much new things coming out all the time to have everything. How many brands does everyone else offer? Am I doing the right thing? I just want to be 100% sure before spending a small fortune rebranding. Thanks

I use OPI gelcolor and Shellac and IBD for gel polish. For acrylic I use Organic Nails and OPI.

In our salon we have shellac, opi gel colour and Calgel. We say they are different strengths and for example the other day a lady came from 30 mins away because we were the nearest salon that does opi gel! It's personal preference at the end of the day I think! X

I do a lot of research and trials before I buy into anything.

I offer Gelish and Gelicure and I think I will introduce OPI GelColor soon. Its all about colour choice for me, and my clients seem to appreciate that. I have done the training for all three. Overall, I prefer Gelish for ease of application, strength, shine, removal and colour choice.

I use Harmony Hard Gel and Backscratchers Fibreglass for extensions.

I use Minx, Kooky and Blixz, again its about choice and I pick the best designs from each.

I use D-Solve, D-Sperse and D-Color for my liquids and retail and use Solar Oil. I use OPI for my manicure products and Nubar for my pedicure products!

I use CND files and NSI Sand Turtle buffers.

Written down it all sounds like a bit of a mish-mash but I try everything and decide what I think is the best. All brands are grouped together in my salon and I could explain my choices to anyone asking.

I don't think any one company provides the best of everything, but I know some salons prefer to be branded, I prefer to have the best from quality brands.

For me it's impossible to use only one brand. For example, Sometimes I run out of bond and have to buy another brand because of economic situations or because its what I have closest to me. So staying with only one brand is quite difficult.

I offer CND products only. Shellac, Liquid and Powder, gel and mani. I have never had any problem with clients wanting something else :)

Latest posts

Back