Oily, large pores, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucindatracey

Reaction score
My skin is very oily - and I have large pores on my nose, cheeks and chin..After years of using the same products I changed to Clinique earlier this year..and it doesn't do anything for my skin..neither does their foundations or powders..I spent a lot of money on their products, used them religiously and they don't control my oily skin! SO, went to the Dior counter..Lady tested diorskin forever on my skin..claimed it would stay on from 10 in the morning till 10 that night..Purchased the foundation..walked outside in to natural daylight to be told i look very very tanned..she put the wrong colour on!! Luckily i can use this still and blend very well, i love love love the look it gives..but within two hours..i look like ive spent the night in a chippy, i look greasy!!
Use YSL matte foundation at the mo but not enough coverage..
Sorry for the essay..Any reccomendations on what actually would work for my skin?? Thanks! x x

Do u use a primer? X

I have the same problem and found that Dr Murad is the only thing to keep my skin under control. I got the sample pack for under £30 and it lasted me 3 months :) then for foundation i use 'estee lauder double wear light', good coverage. lasts ages and doesnt feel as suffocating and thick as 'double wear' x

My skin is the exact same!! I swear by estee lauder double wear and then mac studio fix powder!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had that problem too until I converted from crappy drug store make up to Clinique and can honestly say my make up lasts all day and I no longer look like a greasy shiny chippy worker lol

I was so fed up of the grease after an hour of doing my make up it would just be sitting on top of the grease and wipe off! I went to Clinique just wanting a primer and ended up buying everything!

Clinique advised me to use their oily 3 step cleanser range to cleanse exfoliate and hydrate oily skin as needed, followed by their BB cream and stay matte foundation. The colour match was perfect it didn't make me look orange infect the colours I was using before made me orange looking! It blended evenly so I couldn't even see a difference in colour just covered un even tones.

I use the BB cream alone most days because its tinted too only if I'm going out or having a rough looking day is when I use the foundation on top

I think you should try the cleanser pack they've got a stronger one that I use because mines oily/combination but they do just an oily one so it will be stronger to get rid of grease

Everything I use is Clinique now my whole make up bag is Clinique :) x

I had that problem too until I converted from crappy drug store make up to Clinique and can honestly say my make up lasts all day and I no longer look like a greasy shiny chippy worker lol

I was so fed up of the grease after an hour of doing my make up it would just be sitting on top of the grease and wipe off! I went to Clinique just wanting a primer and ended up buying everything!

Clinique advised me to use their oily 3 step cleanser range to cleanse exfoliate and hydrate oily skin as needed, followed by their BB cream and stay matte foundation. The colour match was perfect it didn't make me look orange infect the colours I was using before made me orange looking! It blended evenly so I couldn't even see a difference in colour just covered un even tones.

I use the BB cream alone most days because its tinted too only if I'm going out or having a rough looking day is when I use the foundation on top

I think you should try the cleanser pack they've got a stronger one that I use because mines oily/combination but they do just an oily one so it will be stronger to get rid of grease

Everything I use is Clinique now my whole make up bag is Clinique :) x
Thanks for all ur advice I'm gonna try Estée Lauder as tried a sample foundation and it was great. As for Clinique I've got the 3 step skin care (facial wash, toner & moisturiser) In number 4 for oily skin and it doesn't work for me xx

Thanks for all ur advice I'm gonna try Estée Lauder as tried a sample foundation and it was great. As for Clinique I've got the 3 step skin care (facial wash, toner & moisturiser) In number 4 for oily skin and it doesn't work for me xx

Your welcome I'm glad it's worked for me though I felt so paranoid of my greasy skin I hope you find a good remedy soon Hun! xx

For a skincare routine, I would really recommend Eve Taylor purifying range, it really helps keep my skin under control. For a foundation, I have no idea! Everyone says how great Estee Lauder double wear is, but it cakes on my face and slides in within a few hours, I guess it different for each person though and it's all trial and error x

As for Clinique I've got the 3 step skin care (facial wash, toner & moisturiser) In number 4 for oily skin and it doesn't work for me xx

And I doubt it would. It's much too strong!
The skin needs a layer of sebum for the acid mantle. If you strip it with a vicious regime the skin will only produce more sebum to counteract it.
Treat oily skin gently. Look to your diet, medications and lifestyle too.

For a skincare routine, I would really recommend Eve Taylor purifying range, it really helps keep my skin under control. For a foundation, I have no idea! Everyone says how great Estee Lauder double wear is, but it cakes on my face and slides in within a few hours, I guess it different for each person though and it's all trial and error x

I thought this too until I got double wear light. Now I couldn't wear anything else! I deffo couldn't wear double wears original. It feels like a face mask to me :( x

And I doubt it would. It's much too strong!
The skin needs a layer of sebum for the acid mantle. If you strip it with a vicious regime the skin will only produce more sebum to counteract it.
Treat oily skin gently. Look to your diet, medications and lifestyle too.

Thanks for all your advice. And yes Lynne you can smell how strong clinique number 4 is from the toner. it stinks...lol xx

For your skin, I used to use yonka in a salon I worked for and it's amazing! You should see if there's a salon near you that stocks it and get advice from a therapist on which products would be best for you - best skincare range I've ever tried or worked with!

After I had ny son my skin completely changed - it went fron normal to the oiliest skin I have EVER seen, literally the oil nearly forms like vaseline on my face - yuk! The only skincare I have found to work is Creme De La Mer, which is unfortunate because of the price - 2 products I buy are the toner + moisturiser for oil control, they are fab - if you are only going to buy 1 try the toner, its £50 + lasted me about 9months. It appears to be infused with a powder so matts the skin really well

After that try Face Atelier Matt spray, it can be used before, during or after make up application - really keeps the oil at bay, and because you don't have to touch your face dramatically reduces the risk of make up sliding etc

HTH xox

Latest posts

Back