oily skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx amy... I understand that. Just one thing... how about make up... don't wear it apart from to go out and in the winter when need brightening up! any suggestions for oil absorbing foundations... i usually get say a no.7 tinted moisturiser and that would be it really but find that they will get shiney really quickly. is it true also to use only cream blush if wearing cream foundation/tinted moisturiser? and cream eyeshadows... just feel like my face would be like an oil slick!! ha ha.

The only proper rule that could be applied to the wearing of cream makeup is to always wear it under powder....i.e always make sure you've applied everything you want that's cream based before applying powder. If you try and wear cream over powder (some people attempt this with cream blush and look awful) it will cake and look very unnatural on your skin (there are execptions to this rule with certain products, but that's another issue...).

I would advise you to moisturise your skin with a light moisturiser, then apply a priming, mattifying product such as Benefit's Dr Feelgood before foundation. As for which foundation to choose, I am not a fan of oil-free formulations for any skin type, just try a lightweight foundation or tinted mosituriser set with a little loose powder (Chanel's Poudre Universelle still allows your skin to glow without any shine).

hth

:wink2: thanx amy! xx

Latest posts

Back