Olaplex and other protein treats not covered by insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaye74

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just read an article online, basically stating that your insurance is void if you add anything to your colour.
What are your thoughts? Xx

I think insurance would find a way for it to be void either way but that the cynic in me.
I don't use the branded peroxide so mine is void even before I add Olaplex!
I only have it as I needed it for my Aston & Fincher card.
Does anyone know anyone anywhere who has ever really needed insurance and them being useful?

Manufactures warrenties are void more often then you may think. If you are not using a digital scale, if you process your color even 1 minute longer than directed, etc, it is no longer valid Olaplex works independently of color and does not affect the color chemistry. The color manufacturer would be responsible for any defect in color. We have never heard of an actual case of any color manufacturer defending a colorist or assisting in any legal issues. You should research this topic.

Insurance companies also don't guarantee protection. We educate stylists that Olaplex is only and insurance and to use good judgment, so If a stylist fails to do this, this will be on them not on their insurance company.

Latest posts

Back