Olaplex as a treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi I have my first client at the weekend Im trying Olaplex on ,she basically has highlights already so where just redoing her roots but her hair is quite dry on the ends , so Im planning on doing a Olaplex treatment 1 & 2 on her...would it be best to do it before or after please .I will be toning the hair after bleaching.

I don't know enough about Olaplex, so don't quote me on this, but wouldn't you add the Olaplex in with the product? When you say you're re doing her roots, do you mean you're re doing the highlights or applying a tint?

Download the app or go to Olaplex.com .. you can add Olaplex to the lightener and if the toner will be on longer than 10 mins #1 can be in it also then rinse apply #2 for at least 10 mins shampoo and condition and yes you can do a treatment also

Download the app or go to Olaplex.com .. you can add Olaplex to the lightener and if the toner will be on longer than 10 mins #1 can be in it also then rinse apply #2 for at least 10 mins shampoo and condition and yes you can do a treatment also
Thanks Ive done that ,but Im confused if I do it as a treatment after ,is it ok to shampoo the hair after applying toner or do I just rinse and then apply no 1 ?

I don't know enough about Olaplex, so don't quote me on this, but wouldn't you add the Olaplex in with the product? When you say you're re doing her roots, do you mean you're re doing the highlights or applying a tint?
Highlights and tint .

Missy you can do a standalone treatment before , use olaplex during the service , shampoo then do another standalone treatment , if you like . You can not overuse olaplex . Just remember to adress the exterior of the hair , since olaplex repairs the broken bonds internally .

Yes you can shampoo or just rinse well add apply the #2 the only reason to not shampoo is it just saves us time

Ok thanks ,was just confused about the shampooing bit .Looking forward to trying it :)

I love it

Sometimes it's best to shampoo before toning as the freshly bleached area dosent take the toner so well sometimes, if I was doing this client I would put no1 in the bleach, then when foiling paint the root with the bleach and the rest of the hair in the foil with no2, then after all foils are in I'd put no2 on the left out hair, rinse shampoo tone (I only put no1 in toner if it's staying on a while) then no2 for 10-20 mins then shampoo & condition :)

Yes you do the 1st treatment (bond multiplier) in the bleach and the 2nd treatment (bond perfecter) after all the foils are out. Don't shampoo or condition before putting the 2nd treatment in and than after that you can rinse and shampoo!

Hi I have my first client at the weekend Im trying Olaplex on ,she basically has highlights already so where just redoing her roots but her hair is quite dry on the ends , so Im planning on doing a Olaplex treatment 1 & 2 on her...would it be best to do it before or after please .I will be toning the hair after bleaching.
Before and after

Thanks for your replys ,also Im sure I read somewhere ,whilst your waiting for no 2 to develop you can go ahead and cut the hair ...is that possible ..or did I dream that ?

The #2 treatment is supposed to be left on for 5 minutes because it is strong enough to fix the hair, people might do it different though! You can have it act as a conditioner so you can cut it.

Thanks for your replys ,also Im sure I read somewhere ,whilst your waiting for no 2 to develop you can go ahead and cut the hair ...is that possible ..or did I dream that ?
Yes you can use number 2 as a cutting lotion and then shampoo before blow drying

The #2 treatment is supposed to be left on for 5 minutes because it is strong enough to fix the hair, people might do it different though! You can have it act as a conditioner so you can cut it.
Actually #2 is supposed to be left on for minimum of 10 minutes up to 30 monutes

I didn't think there was a maximum on it?
The best results have been seen within 30 min. But you can leave it on as long as you like. It won't damage the hair . You can't overuse olaplex . There's also a great app y can download on your phone . Great tool to have on hand .

The best results have been seen within 30 min. But you can leave it on as long as you like. It won't damage the hair . You can't overuse olaplex . There's also a great app y can download on your phone . Great tool to have on hand .

I have the app, your wording just made it sound like there was a maximum time you should leave no2 on which i've exceeded a few times.

I have the app, your wording just made it sound like there was a maximum time you should leave no2 on which i've exceeded a few times.

All the literature and webinars reccomended a minimum of 10 minutes, but really in my experience the longer the bettet.

Latest posts

Back