Olaplex in bleach bath

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xx-melo-xX

Reaction score
Going to be using olaplex for first time tomorrow on my colleague. I am bleach bathing her hair first and then hopefully doing full head highlights.
For a bleach bath I usually do 1 scoop bleach, 30 mls 6%, 60mls warm water and 15mls shampoo. Does anyone know how much olaplex you'd put in with that? Tia x

I'm not sure but I don't think they recommend using olaplex with a bleach bath.

Why not stand alone first. Maybe (depending on condition) standalone again. Then add to colour?

Have you tried a colour remover? They are far gentler?

Why wouldn't it be used in a bleach bath? I thought it could be used in any chemical service x

Why wouldn't it be used in a bleach bath? I thought it could be used in any chemical service x

I think I've read before not to use it in colour removal as colour removal can be unpredictable.

I can't tag Ab McDonald but she'll be able to help.

I think it's more that you need to umph in to remove previous colour, but obviously the olaplex dilutes the mixture.

You can definitely use Olaplex in a cleanse using bleach just not in a reducer if that makes sense.

Id use the regular amount fir bleach, 7.5 ml

I did it before it was perfect results I didn't dilute my cleanse with water though and remember go one level of vol up if you want 20 result use 30

Better to do a stand alone treatment before and after. Since the product isn't on so long with a bleach cleanse

Latest posts

Back