Olaplex made hair worse?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe30

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've heard amazing things about olaplex. My hairdresser said there was no need for an In salon treatment, but to take the no3 home, which I did. So I used it for the first time today, I left it on for 2 hours then shampoo and hair mask. When I dried it it feels really dry and brittle, much worse than normal, especially on the ends that were slightly dey before. Can someone please let me know if this is normal? I know it's not a conditioning treatment but I wouldn't expect my hair to feel so much worse?

Any advice much appreciated

Chloe xx

Olaplex can't damage the hair. It can only repair internal broken bonds so if you hair feels dry, it probably needs some moisture adding.

If it's also brittle, you are probably adding too much protein.

What type of shampoo and mask did you use?

I used kerastase magique which is for severely dry hair, I do find the protein kerastase makes my hair dry so I stopped using it.

Olaplex is good for damaged hair. Hair feel brittle ehen there is too much protein molecules in the hair. Try and counter balance your hair struture by putting in moisture to the hair. A good hair must have the hair nutrients in balanced ratio. Alsob reduce the use of paraben and ammonia shampoo. Use much of conditioning and hydrating shampoo n conditioner

Latest posts

Back