Olaplex with direct dyes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassies97

Reaction score
Can we mix olaplex no1 with direct dyes? And true semi permanents?

I have done but only after doing a bleach process that opens the cuticle layer.
(I don't generally like to bump my developer when using lightener).

The videos I watched the other day of guy he put no2 in his about 17 minutes in x

Yes you can add No.1 to direct dyes. You will get the results of Olpalex and make your colours last longer without diluting which would happen with no2 I use 3.75ml of No.1 in 60g or more of the direct dye. Anything less use 1.875ml or your own judgement

Can we mix olaplex no1 with direct dyes? And true semi permanents?
Absolutely, we recommend 1/8oz of No1 per every 2 oz of direct dyes, you may also use No2 in place of clear to dilute the color.

I've done it :) thanks to @jaymz for his super helpful advice the other day ;)

I used crazy colour over bleached hair & it's still in now! (the blue one #mission1)

Absolutely, we recommend 1/8oz of No1 per every 2 oz of direct dyes, you may also use No2 in place of clear to dilute the color.
@AbMcDonald just had a thought! I'm using framesi pure blue (permanant) but it's too deep as it is for 1 client I've tried diluting it down with the ultra (clear) but it's not going light enough, what effect would using no2 in a permanant colour have?

@AbMcDonald just had a thought! I'm using framesi pure blue (permanant) but it's too deep as it is for 1 client I've tried diluting it down with the ultra (clear) but it's not going light enough, what effect would using no2 in a permanant colour have?

Not to speak for AB, but no. 2 isn't meant to be mixed with oxidative tint. Only no. 1. The no. 2 would interfere with the oxidative timt.

Not to speak for AB, but no. 2 isn't meant to be mixed with oxidative tint. Only no. 1. The no. 2 would interfere with the oxidative timt.
I did think so but thought I'd ask :)

Use 10pb (pastel blue) or 10np (just base 10) instead of clear! Will dilute it more [emoji18]

Use 10pb (pastel blue) or 10np (just base 10) instead of clear! Will dilute it more [emoji18]
Good thinking! I have 10pb in stock too, I tried half ultra (12) & half pure blue and there was no difference to pure blue on its own!

We do not recommend using no2 with oxidative color, only no1. You may use 1/8oz of no1 in every 60g of color :)

So can you add No 1 to bleach, then to direct dye and finish the process with no 2?

So can you add No 1 to bleach, then to direct dye and finish the process with no 2?
You can do all of the above! When doing DD work, I use #1 in my lightener (of course). Then when installing fashion colors, if I want true tone and vibrancy of color, I will add #1 to pigments. If I need to soften the shade, I will use #2 (in place of conditioner or clear). Not only is this going to help with the overall health of the hair, but it gives the pigments better longevity!

Latest posts

Back