Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I just charge one flat rate. My clients are all super excited with the results. And happy to pay more for the upgraded service. But say I'm using two bowls of color, that's still just 1/8 oz of olaplex divided between those two bowels.

I also found that less is more. Finally tried the olaplex and silflift on a retouch. I used 1/8 oz olaplex for two lots silklift (i can't get through a head with one lot of silklift) It lifted beautifully with 6%.

I also found that less is more. Finally tried the olaplex and silflift on a retouch. I used 1/8 oz olaplex for two lots silklift (i can't get through a head with one lot of silklift) It lifted beautifully with 6%.
Ooo that's fab to know! Thank u :)

So where do we get it? Is it salon exclusive?

I think so.
I signed up for it a little while ago.

How can I find what salons offer this ? . I live near Chester and desperate for this treatment . Been reading up on it for months now

Has anyone used Olaplex?
What's their thoughts?
And where can you get it in the UK?

Dean from Olaplex here... Leslie Spears of Star Qualities is the UK distributor. Thanks. Dean

Dean from Olaplex here... Leslie Spears of Star Qualities is the UK distributor. Thanks. Dean

Yeah by invitation only and salon exclusive.

Which i find quite discriminative to be entirely honest.

Judging someone upon their pricelist, how is that practical? The best salons the most expensive one i think is the approach?

For this reason this is why i use Magi:bond i am getting great feedback from clients, it is a good price and easy to use, and i had my new window posters last month and they sell it for me.
This post if from ages ago, we're all loving it now...

I still prefer silk lift over olaplex. Maybe later will have time to type more.

Quickly my opinion: I don't feel like bumping up developers for on scalp or balayage. From what I've tested on clients with using in light balayage to lighten small yellow pieces and in toners, it left hair a bit too soft. Actually hard to curl under during blowouts.

I know most everyone, and probably all of you, will love it to bits and pieces. I'm not totally sold, but will continue testing.

Satchel, you still on here?

Do you still prefer silk lift over olaplex?

I still prefer silk lift over olaplex. Maybe later will have time to type more.

Quickly my opinion: I don't feel like bumping up developers for on scalp or balayage. From what I've tested on clients with using in light balayage to lighten small yellow pieces and in toners, it left hair a bit too soft. Actually hard to curl under during blowouts.

I know most everyone, and probably all of you, will love it to bits and pieces. I'm not totally sold, but will continue testing.

I am confused as how you are comparing Olaplex to Silk Lift. Olaplex is not a bleach, Silk Lift is a bleach. Olaplex rebuilds broken bonds during the lightening process, Silk Lift breaks bonds during the lightening process. If you do not wish to bump up your developer that is perfectly okay, just cut your amount of Olaplex in half. Also, if your client's hair is prone to becoming too soft afterwards, try using diluted No.1 in place of No.2 after you rinse your bleach. This way you won't have the cream-based ingredients making the hair quite as soft. Olaplex is an entirely customizable product. :)

I am confused as how you are comparing Olaplex to Silk Lift. Olaplex is not a bleach, Silk Lift is a bleach. Olaplex rebuilds broken bonds during the lightening process, Silk Lift breaks bonds during the lightening process. If you do not wish to bump up your developer that is perfectly okay, just cut your amount of Olaplex in half. Also, if your client's hair is prone to becoming too soft afterwards, try using diluted No.1 in place of No.2 after you rinse your bleach. This way you won't have the cream-based ingredients making the hair quite as soft. Olaplex is an entirely customizable product. :)

If you haven't noticed satchel said that more than a year ago and hasn't been on here for a while.

Satchel, you still on here?

Do you still prefer silk lift over olaplex?
Silk lift replaces lost lipids whilst it's lifting, it's a bleach, I put olaplex in my silk lift :) using silk lift as a bleach is like using a regular bleach with olaplex in it tho, it's very kind to the hair

Latest posts

Back