Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
Has anyone used Olaplex?
What's their thoughts?
And where can you get it in the UK?

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's only available in the USA? You may need to find a USA seller and get it sent over

I emailed them and they said it should be available in the UK this February

Aw wicked I can't wait to try it, it's supposed to b "better" than silk lift! And I can't fault that one bit :)

Kahuna, have you used any other bleaches?
What's so amazing about silk lift?

God yea I've used loads 😂 I've inly recently found silk lift my usual go to bleach is schwarpskopf vario in blue, even with 3% it's still very damaging to over processed hair, but the silk lift as far as my trials have gone has been amazing especially on really fragile hair, the hair lifts fantastically and is such nice condition afterwards! I believe this is the kind of results opal ex are giving too so that's why I can't wait to try it, the silk lift is quite expensive but definatley well worth it, recently a lady who had abused her hair with xxl & home bleaching for years, then had multiple full head highlights with me to remove all the build ups (which I then told her no more coz her hair can't take it) then she went bright purple then dark brown, this time she decided to be blonde 😳😩 so I tried the ammonia free version on the silk lift (pink box) I did a full head of packed in weave & slice with 3% (panicking and constantly checking as it's processing 😂) and the result was amazing! She was a gorgeous level 8 even blonde highlights with no hint of red whatsoever and all her hair was in amazing condition! Usually u just show her head bleach and it turns to chewing gum 😂 so that's just one reason why I love it :)

Ooh amazing.
I'm currently using l'oreal infine platine. And I have a client who wants serious ash blonde. Maybe worth trying the silk lift to get her ends up lighter. Wish I'd taken a pic last time I did her hair 😑

I still prefer silk lift over olaplex. Maybe later will have time to type more.

Quickly my opinion: I don't feel like bumping up developers for on scalp or balayage. From what I've tested on clients with using in light balayage to lighten small yellow pieces and in toners, it left hair a bit too soft. Actually hard to curl under during blowouts.

I know most everyone, and probably all of you, will love it to bits and pieces. I'm not totally sold, but will continue testing.

I love Olaplex and have had some beautiful results on dry/damaged hair however I haven't used silklift. UK distribution should have been January but is obviously a bit delayed if they are now saying February :(

Olaplex now have an educational app that may be worth a look for those who are interested :) xx

Is it on iOS? Can't seem to find anything?

Is it on iOS? Can't seem to find anything?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420231222.084408.jpg

I'm on iOS 8.1.1 if you search olaplex in the App Store it should come up xx

I haven't done the update I'll do that n try again thank u:)

Haha and I spelt it wrong 😂 opalex I put lol

im so glad it is coming to the u.k! I have seen salons in aus use it and the results look amazing in photos so im sure it looks and feels even better in real life!

Oh I need this!

Does anyone know how we will be able to get hold of this product? I have looked at the Opalex UK website and there is a section to register your interest, but only for salons? I'm mobile but would definitely like to offer this to my clients x

What I would like to know. Is, IF something did happen. Where would you stand insurance wise. Because you haven't mixed the product following manufacturers instructions?

I've been wondering that myself!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've also wondered how to work it into a bleach and tone routine. Could I mix olaplex and silk lift? If I mixed it into a wella toner, should I use 6% instead of pastel? Would I still mix two to one color and developer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back