Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here what the colorists used in the Olaplex educational videos:

Bianca Hillier
On-Scalp Lightener: She increased the developer to 30 vol (1/8th Olaplex to 1oz Powder lightener) and also added sachets of sweet and low. She said you must use 40 vol if you wanted a 30 vol result but it was noted to 'use discretion' when using 40 vol as it will not protect from scalp irritation.

Single Process (Permanent/Demi): She said NOT to increase the developer. (1/8 Olaplex + Any amount of colour)

Guy Tang
Balayage
He recommend to increased the volume - He used 50 volume for a 40 volume result. (1/8 Olaplex per oz powder lightener)

Tracy Cunningham
Prelightener Foils
She increased the developer (20 vol) for foils (1/4 oz per oz Powder). She also balayaged with 40 vol, but only added 1/8 oz Olaplex as 'not to dilute it too much'.

Chad Knyon
Balayage:
He said he personally uses 1/16th Olaplex per oz Powder (rather than the recommend 1/8th), but still increased the developer strength (40vol).

So they reccommef upping the developer for on the scalp applications if you're using lower than 6%. Is that right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Correct! Someone from Olaplex at first said not to, but then Dean emailed me and said to take volume 10 - below 6%- up to volume 20. And from directions on the site they are saying even with Olaplex not to go above volume 20 for on scalp.

Sorry guys. I just don't get on board with still using sweet 'n low. This isn't 1982 and I know some still use it. That's fine if you still use it. I simply don't agree. If it burns and stings, you shouldn't be doing it. And with a product that's supposedly so advanced, yeah. Not going to happen with me at least. And for sure not on scalp. I don't care how famous a colorist is. (Not geared to you at all AdamLea. I love reading how everyone is using it. Sweet n Low just made me steam a bit lo.)

But I do plan on experimenting with it slowly in other ways.

I prefer mine with two sugars :p

In the UK we only add sweetener to tea and coffee here. 😄

Satchel, I think you're right about our Insurance concerns being very different.

My understanding is that in the States, you can use waivers and disclaimers and they will stand up in court. In the UK, it's generally accepted that an individual can never give consent to be harmed.

Have any Geeks contacting their Insurers to ask about using products like Olaplex yet?

So I rang the UK supplier of Olaplex and the launch will be sometime in the next month. Www.olaplex.co.uk so that you register with them and they will keep us updated.

Can you tell I'm a little bit excited!!??

So I rang the UK supplier of Olaplex and the launch will be sometime in the next month. Www.olaplex.co.uk so that you register with them and they will keep us updated.

Can you tell I'm a little bit excited!!??

I registered as I've now run out and I am desperate for more!!! Did I read it right that it's basically by invitation only so only those who fit the UK distributors credentials will be supplied?! Xx

Credentials? Like what?

Credentials? Like what?

They want the best salon in each town to debut

However I think they are going to be going on a who posts more pictures of work etc and who is more likely to get the name known from what I understand xx

Yikes, does that ever sound snobbish.

I think that was more to add excitement for the product. When I spoke to them I queried about being self-employed and not in a salon and that didn't seem to be a problem.

Ok! Good! Because I love their customer service here in the US and it didn't really sound like them. I'm using it on scalp with client today so will post an update when I get home.

However I think they are going to be going on a who posts more pictures of work etc and who is more likely to get the name known from what I understand xx

I highly doubt that!

I would hope not as I want to use it and although I'm in a salon just now and hope to be full time come summer, I want to use olaplex on my mobile clients ! X

They're a company, a business, money is money to them. Like they care if its the best salon.

They're a company, a business, money is money to them. Like they care if its the best salon.

Some places do only let so many salons in one area use them though.. But I don't know if that's more retail?

This makes more sense though that they would rather every stylist used them and they made money than only some being allowed ? Xx

When you speak to them they say the want the best one salon in each town to start with before rolling out to more salons
Hence the comment about how I think it'll be the salons what post more photos etc that are more likely to reference them helping to build them more of a name and brand that other salons want to drive sales rather than giving it to everybody straight away and not really know about it
To be honest only people who really use forums like this and follow modern salon etc know about it so they want salons with a large following that would effectively advertise them and for them to piggy back of salons successes with the product here

Some places do only let so many salons in one area use them though.. But I don't know if that's more retail?

This makes more sense though that they would rather every stylist used them and they made money than only some being allowed ? Xx

A lot of companies do work like this
We wanted to stock elemis and the rep phoned us a few days before our appointment to say she's just signed another salon in the area so we would be too close to open an account

When you speak to them they say the want the best one salon in each town to start with before rolling out to more salons
Hence the comment about how I think it'll be the salons what post more photos etc that are more likely to reference them helping to build them more of a name and brand that other salons want to drive sales rather than giving it to everybody straight away and not really know about it
To be honest only people who really use forums like this and follow modern salon etc know about it so they want salons with a large following that would effectively advertise them and for them to piggy back of salons successes with the product here

Well i find that hard to believe because a few salons by me use olaplex and they are by no means the best salons in town nor post the most pictures.

I'm just saying what was said on te phone when I rang them and spoke to them about a month ago

There website seems to reiterate the same thing too
http://www.olaplex.co.uk/register/

Latest posts

Back