Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45 mins :/ can u make sense of this? Colomn 1 is my bookings col 2 is how it really goes down :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 53
I need to increase the cbd slot by 20 mins I think don't I, I already do another persons colour while the last is in the basin it's like a flippin conveyer lol, it's when the backlog starts that it gets complicated
Kahuna ive been cutting with no 2 then shampooing putting moisture mask on put bag on under climazone ,while I either do quick cut or put colour on someone else,but It does add a lot of time,I still havnt got it worked right yet, how can it really be Olaplex if there only charging £4.99?:confused: My scissors keep getting really sticky though :(

Kahuna ive been cutting with no 2 then shampooing putting moisture mask on put bag on under climazone ,while I either do quick cut or put colour on someone else,but It does add a lot of time,I still havnt got it worked right yet, how can it really be Olaplex if there only charging £4.99?:confused: My scissors keep getting really sticky though :(
Mine too, there's no profit if charging so little really so why bother with the outlay at all I think? Who would pay out hundreds of pounds to get olaplex to not bother making any money off it?
It makes me think they either have more money than sense or are not using olaplex at all and are using knock offs :/

I could do the conditions treatment sometimes but only when I've got an assistant :( as you can see my days are so packed at the mo I don't have extra gaps to fit blowdries back in... Every day isn't like this but Thursday Friday & Saturday every week are and the run up to Xmas every day will be :/ I just want to do right by the clients at the end of the day :/

45 mins :/ can u make sense of this? Colomn 1 is my bookings col 2 is how it really goes down :(

Yeah i think I get it!

I think 45 is well enough for cut and blow? Maybe take it up to 1hr if you want more time in between?

I could do the conditions treatment sometimes but only when I've got an assistant :( as you can see my days are so packed at the mo I don't have extra gaps to fit blowdries back in... Every day isn't like this but Thursday Friday & Saturday every week are and the run up to Xmas every day will be :/ I just want to do right by the clients at the end of the day :/

I know what you mean after all it is about clients. They are your business!

It looks like your only 15 minutes behind from the second column so on the cbd that you use olaplex up it to an hour slot instead of just 45? X

45 minutes is great, but not commercial.

I've been running late too when doing Olaplex treatments and end up with no lunch or tea too sometimes (I work 9.30 -9 on Mondays) I've been adding an a extra 15mins to my finishing time.

45 minutes is great, but not commercial.

This is an interesting dilemma.

What would you class as commercial and is that what you stick to or do you do 45 minutes?

@kahuna. I suspect the £4.99 brigade are either diluting the Olaplex considerably or using something else plus a silicone based conditioner so the hair feels soft and silky and clients assume that's how it works.

What would you class as commercial and is that what you stick to or do you do 45 minutes?

@kahuna. I suspect the £4.99 brigade are either diluting the Olaplex considerably or using something else plus a silicone based conditioner so the hair feels soft and silky and clients assume that's how it works.

I almost hope this is what they are doing........
I've posted a thread 'Where will it all end'...regarding price cutting versus profit, hope to get some of your views.
The problem is, when you try to 'justify' your pricing, the client will throw back,
'....salon down the road....£4.99........etc....
You trying to explain the whole' counterfeit/dilute' theory, will just fall on deaf ears.
It will just sound like 'sour grapes':rolleyes:

Whilst I'm on here Guys....can you tell me how long you're all booking for a cut & blow.

I book out an hour for cbd

I book out an hour for cbd

That's what I've been doing, but noticed others taking less time, for more money.....
I might have to re think, as my price point versus what I'm charging aren't making enough of a profit!:eek:

I'm lazy. I hate feeling rushed. I'd rather take an hour and be chilled out. Or if I finish early actually get to sit down when I pee! [emoji23]

It really depends on the client and what the hair needs. I think 15 minutes is the usual for me. But I have left it on 45 minutes for overbleached hair and the results were amazing.

Whilst I'm on here Guys....can you tell me how long you're all booking for a cut & blow.
I book 45 mins if squeezing between color appointments or an hour if there's nothing around it (i too use the left over time to pee etc)

I give myself an hour. In my old salon we got 45mins but I hate feeling rushed & it gives me a few minutes to rebook them when I take their bill, sweep up, nip to the loo & breathe a bit before the next one! If my next one comes early, I get anxious if I'm not ready as feel they will get angry at being kept waiting and when I try to rush it has opposite effect!
Also You are clearly really good at up selling olaplex so could you book out an hour processing time instead of 45m to fit in the treatment?

Where I work we book out 30 minutes for a short haired and 45 for long.

I have an olaplex question...

What's the best amount of time to leave number 2 on for following a colour service? I know it says minimum of 10 but what's the BEST amount of time?

Reason I ask is im starting to run over on some clients when using olaplex and it's making me late for the next ones, I've just read an article on btc which mentioned the easiest way to loose clients is by constantly being 5 or so mins late for them, so in order to not let this happen over the Xmas madness I'm going to need to adjust my service timings to allow for the number 2 processing time, I just need to know a definate good timing to adjust to
You should add an additional 15 mins to each service to allow proper time for Olaplex. If a clients hair is compromised, you will want to leave No2 for 30 mins. They are paying for your time and for the integrity of their hair. This is not something that should be rushed or looked down upon. Never before were we able to repair the bonds, we were breaking in our services. This is revolutionary! Make time, it will count and build your business :)

Latest posts

Back