Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fab! [emoji106]

I will be careful :) I only used 9% because I would have normally used 6% I was cutting through level 5 tint.

Separate question, do u need to bump developer when doing an on scalp bleach?
We only recommend using 20 vol, unless you have experience, and to do so with discretion.

You may simply cut the olaplex in half and stay at the same volume, you are used to.

I've got a query,
On Sunday I did bleach regrowth with olaplex No 1 in. Then I toned with olaplex No 1 in. Then rinsed and put No 2 on and cut (man that was tricky, anyone else found that or am I using too much).

Anyway. Is it right that I put No 1 in both the bleach and toner yeah? Or should I have put No 2 in the toner?!

I still haven't been accepted to the Olaplex closed group. [emoji17]
You can add it to the toner, but you may want to cut the Olaplex in half, also, it must process for a minimum of 10 mins. Depending on the brand your using you will use toner, the following way..

You will actually use no.2 before your toner if specified not to shampoo your toner but the brand you use. If you are instructed not to shampoo, then you will rinse highlight, no.2 for a minimum of 10 mins, shampoo thoroughly- or TWICE(this is why toners won't take if there is residue from no.2 in the hair) and then apply your toner, rinse and condition. If you are able to shampoo a toner out (as per your brand) then you will Rinse highlights, apply toner, process, rinse and apply no2. process a minimum of 10 mins, shampoo and condition as normal.

Does it make a difference if you give the hair a wash before before doing the stand alone treatment ?

Seriously, how am I getting such a different response to everyone else on here?! Have just been told by A&F head office that they aren't supposed to be supplying freelance hairdressers with Olaplex?!! They are 'checking a few things' and phoning me back either today or tomorrow... I have clients booked in who are desperate to try it (and who desperately need it!!) because I thought it wouldn't be a problem to get hold of based on what I'd read here, now I'm going to have to disappoint them, ridiculous! The suppliers are making me feel like I'm totally worthless right now :-(

A salon near me is offering 'OLAPLEX' for £4.99.........:confused::eek::mad:

Some by me are doing that too, it's pissing me off too, I'm trying to market it as a awesome add on that's well worth paying £20 extra for and their just cheapening the whole idea! :mad:

I have an olaplex question...

What's the best amount of time to leave number 2 on for following a colour service? I know it says minimum of 10 but what's the BEST amount of time?

Reason I ask is im starting to run over on some clients when using olaplex and it's making me late for the next ones, I've just read an article on btc which mentioned the easiest way to loose clients is by constantly being 5 or so mins late for them, so in order to not let this happen over the Xmas madness I'm going to need to adjust my service timings to allow for the number 2 processing time, I just need to know a definate good timing to adjust to

Some by me are doing that too, it's pissing me off too, I'm trying to market it as a awesome add on that's well worth paying £20 extra for and their just cheapening the whole idea! :mad:

Couldn't even afford to do that though?

I have an olaplex question...

What's the best amount of time to leave number 2 on for following a colour service? I know it says minimum of 10 but what's the BEST amount of time?

Reason I ask is im starting to run over on some clients when using olaplex and it's making me late for the next ones, I've just read an article on btc which mentioned the easiest way to loose clients is by constantly being 5 or so mins late for them, so in order to not let this happen over the Xmas madness I'm going to need to adjust my service timings to allow for the number 2 processing time, I just need to know a definate good timing to adjust to

You could use it as a cutting lotion?

Or leave one client with it on whilst you apply a colour on another then blow dry the olaplex client whilst the new client is processing? Sorry if you've already thought of that[emoji23]

You could use it as a cutting lotion?

Or leave one client with it on whilst you apply a colour on another then blow dry the olaplex client whilst the new client is processing? Sorry if you've already thought of that[emoji23]
I do cut with it on but they still have to go back for the shampoo & condition, it's just not working because instead of there being a quick rinse off its eating 20 mins out of my finishing time, I do that as you said with jiggling clients blowdries but when you've done 2 the next clients colour time is being used for the blowdry or the client has to sit with wet hair untill I'm done applying next colour then the next one walks in the door! I need to set the appointments out differently really

I do cut with it on but they still have to go back for the shampoo & condition, it's just not working because instead of there being a quick rinse off its eating 20 mins out of my finishing time, I do that as you said with jiggling clients blowdries but when you've done 2 the next clients colour time is being used for the blowdry or the client has to sit with wet hair untill I'm done applying next colour then the next one walks in the door! I need to set the appointments out differently really

Hmm, just leave it on ten minutes then?

By the sounds of it you pack yourself to the rafters!

Hmm, just leave it on ten minutes then?

By the sounds of it you pack yourself to the rafters!

Ha ha.....:D made me laugh.....
Wish I had Kahuna's problem........

Kahuna, please don't tell me your charging £4.99 ....o_O

Aw I know it's nice to be busy n all that but I'm getting to the point where I don't want to offer it coz it's making me run over, I really don't have the time to fit olaplex into my shedule as it runs currently, I use industry standard timings for everything so when I'm fully booked for the day there's literally no room for manouver, the amount of days lately I'm an hour late getting home to the kids is too many so my best idea is to change service times and make the day run more smoothly, would you guys say 10 mins is enough? Or do you think there's a better result with say 20 or even 30? My experience is saying 20-30 mins gives a better result but I haven't got a reason other than the hair felt silkier afterwards, considering olaplex is an inside treatment not an outside one I shouldn't really be basing it on that alone lol

Ha ha.....:D made me laugh.....
Wish I had Kahuna's problem........

Kahuna, please don't tell me your charging £4.99 ....o_O
Aw god no! I charge £20 which is another reason I can't be taking the pee and running over its just rude after bumping the bill up by £20!

Aw I know it's nice to be busy n all that but I'm getting to the point where I don't want to offer it coz it's making me run over, I really don't have the time to fit olaplex into my shedule as it runs currently, I use industry standard timings for everything so when I'm fully booked for the day there's literally no room for manouver, the amount of days lately I'm an hour late getting home to the kids is too many so my best idea is to change service times and make the day run more smoothly, would you guys say 10 mins is enough? Or do you think there's a better result with say 20 or even 30? My experience is saying 20-30 mins gives a better result but I haven't got a reason other than the hair felt silkier afterwards, considering olaplex is an inside treatment not an outside one I shouldn't really be basing it on that alone lol

I'd say space appts out more but still do 20-30 and apply a colour whilst that client has olaplex on?

I need to increase the cbd slot by 20 mins I think don't I, I already do another persons colour while the last is in the basin it's like a flippin conveyer lol, it's when the backlog starts that it gets complicated

I need to increase the cbd slot by 20 mins I think don't I, I already do another persons colour while the last is in the basin it's like a flippin conveyer lol, it's when the backlog starts that it gets complicated

How long do you give yourself for cbd?

Latest posts

Back